Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redbull Air race - Cashell

• 15-07-2005 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Just got tickets in the post for this........

Looks pretty amazing:

http://www.redbullairrace.com/

Anyone else get tickets?

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No sadly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Just got tickets in the post for this........

Ya lucky ba$tard! :D My name didn't come out in the previous two draws so I'm hoping it will in the last draw on Monday. Fingers crossed! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Will be working there as of tomorrow. Not really to pushed if i get to see it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭r@t

yeah i got tickets- my gf put my name in for em.
    i defo gonna bring my video camera not everyday you see that kinda stuff .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Id say it would be great.
    I sent away for an entrance form a few years ago.
    They sent me 4 cans of redbull back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Id love tickets for this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

ebay tbh

Anyway the thing is in the sky (obv) so if ya just went to cashel and skirted around the place im sure you'd find some place to get a good look at them even if ya didnt have tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Mite go see it seeming as its not too far away from Clonmel but its on my 20th.

By the way Cashel is spelt like this: Cashel, not Cashell. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I got tickets, there is a small chance I can't make it, if thats the case, I'll give em away for free, but I won't know for a day or two. PM me if anyones interested.

It does look good alright!

[edit] I've gotten four offers for the tickets, so if I cant go I am sure tehy'll be taken, so sorry to those lookin', and for those who sent pm's, I can't reply atm, on the way to work, will be in contact later tonight[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

In am working there that sunday, hopingly I will not have to deal with any major incidents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Got my tickets :D , i applied as soon as i saw the ad on tv.

According to www.redbullairrace.com they had over 120,000 applicants for tickets but owing to health and safety restrictions they could only have a maximum capacity of 40,000 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Sorry for the wrong spelling, Im after getting 4 more tickets for myself a a few mates, what Cashel like for camping anyone have a recommendations for places to camp down there on the Sat night?

Sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There will be something far more exciting of interest to Tipperary people and many other sports fans, in Croke Park that day. That's where I will be.

What? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I want tickets! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

The final draw for tickets was today...lol i have 5 entries in! and i have been unsucessful in the last two draws :mad: . I was just wondering has anybody who is in the final draw recieved there final email today telling them if they got the tickets or not...i didn't get any email today so i'm guess it will be sent tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

whatever happened to the final draw?
    The 1st & 2nd one seemed to happen really quickly no sign of a yay or nay for draw 3 in my email...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Friend of mine won tickets in yesterdays draw and got an email. I had entered and heard nothing though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I heard nothing at all yesterday. Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I got confirmation yesterday that I got tickets in the final draw - just hope they come in the post in time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

rabbitinlights,

there is a good campsite / hostel on the Dundrum road on the outskirts of Cashel and it's right beside where the air race is taking place. If you're interested i'd get in touch with them straight away as it's not all that big and there's huge crowds expected for the weekend. They have a website - www.cashel-lodge.com. - or phone 062 61003.

Anybody coming down without a ticket might be disappointed - they have security fencing up everywhere, including the rock. But the roads around the event site are to be closed for a few hours on Sat afternoon from 2-5 so might get a sneak preview?

hth, :o

Thanks Webmanie, that place looks perfect, Ill drop them a call now.....

Really looking forward to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

I got tickets in the 2nd draw (I think) they arrived in the post last week. My friend though got tickets in yesterdays draw she received email confirmation. I cant wait for it. Im not into planes but this looks fantastic. My 7 year old nearly sh*t his pants when I told him I got tickets. He loves planes with a passion. Can tell us all technical names for all differnent planes lol. :D We may have 2 spare tickets not 100% but will offer them up on boards (no charge of course) if they are not going to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I applied for all 3 draws and got none :(
    If anyone has any spare, I would be very gratefull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

zefer wrote:
    I applied for all 3 draws and got none :(
    If anyone has any spare, I would be very gratefull!

Same here...hope, hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

will know if they are going spare within the next two days. If so will defo give them to ye. If i cant get them posted in time im sure I could arrange to meet ye somewhere down there to give them to ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

lilulila wrote:
    will know if they are going spare within the next two days. If so will defo give them to ye. If i cant get them posted in time im sure I could arrange to meet ye somewhere down there to give them to ye :D

Cool, thanks a lot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I am seriously so disappointed...

I had this all planned and all...got a day off and all! Sh*t

I didn't get tickets :mad: :( :mad: :(

No luck here in the last draw either! Fúck it anyway! :mad:

I cancelled a chance to go see the British Touring Car Championship at Mondello Park on Sunday in the hope I was going to get tickets to this instead. And now I won't get to see either. Looks like I'll just have to watch it on TV3, as the e-mail I got today said. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I got 1 email confirming i didnt win but nothing from the other 2 yet :confused:

I'd love to go but driving over from cavan without tickets may just not be a good plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Anyone actually see it on TV? I have to say it looks terribly boring. On tv its edited and cut so that it looks more interesting but it really isn't. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, I saw the highlights of the last round in Austria a few weeks ago on TV3. I thought it was good but I think I can kind of see where you're coming from, Skitbra. I think if you don't have much of an interest in planes or aviation you probably would find it boring but for someone like me who's into all that kind of thing I thought it was really cool, hence my disappointment in not getting tickets for it.

I suppose it's much the same thing with something like motor racing, I guess. If you're into it you think it's excellent but, if you're not, you can't see the excitement in it. The number of times I've had friends of mine say, "How the hell can you watch motor racing? It's so boring. It's just a bunch of cars (or bikes) going round and round a track." They can't see the excitement or entertainment in it because they're not interested in it like I am. So, I reckon it's probably much the same with this Air Race thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I could do with 2 tickets. I didnt win the draw either. Its my birthday tomorrow and even though the tickets are free, it would have been one of the best birthday presents I ever gave myself. :(

/strolls away, staring blankly at the ground kicking an empty can ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

nag is also one who applied manies the time but didnt get any :(

im so annoyed by this lottery crap. if they had charged as little as €5 or even €10 at least then we would know where we stand with the tickets, none of this 'draw' BS or even if they were to hold a day or two where they were available for us to get them, that would have been fairer.

what also annoys me is that there are people out there who applied loads of times just to get the tickets so that they could flog them on ebay for €25 or €30 a pop (or even more!). and the sad part is that people will still buy them coz they really want to go. personally, i dont believe in paying that kind of money for something that was given out for free. if feel totally ripped off.

im sure im not going to get anywhere with this request seen as how there seems to be so many ticketless punters here but id marry my dog if someone were kind enough to give me 2 tickets that they werent going to use

For a laugh I applied for a press pass on the website saying that I was a photographer for my website (kinda true) and low and behold a media necktag and media car pass sticker arrived today, I now get better parking, access to special area's to take photos and entry into the VIP ("friends area") area, they also sent me a map of the layout for the day, looks like a savage set-up, 2 areas for viewing, althought the huge "evacuation areas" kinda worry me a bit!!!

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

omfg! ásshóle!! why the hell didnt i think of that!

nag runs straight into the wall - "i will be more sneaky next time, i will be more sneaky next time"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

my 4 tkts arrived this mornin i didnt even know i got em as the e-mail went into my junk folder stupid hotmail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Brock, from which draw did you win the tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I've been working on the site, doing fencing crowd fencing for first few days but got a promotion since , I'm now part of the red bull team that has to put up the gates the plane flys through (18 metres high!!) before the race as well as replacing them if the planes hits them etc.. (ya have four mins to do it as well... no pressure with 60,000 crowds and 20 million tv viewers :P) Thought still nothing like seeing a plane flying sidewards 20 metres above ure head!

But really just wanna tell whoevers going you're gonna see a spectactular show. They had the first practice session today as well as an air show for the media (dual plane loop da loops etc), it really has to be seen to be believed. Planes are very fast and noisy.. though keep and eye out for the red bull plane piloted by a the hungarian creator of the race. Jaw dropping is all i can say

As for people who didn't get tickets they have another competetion on the site, but still even if ya dont get them, the view from the rock can see everything (the first gate is litarly metres from the rock walls) also good vantage point from main road. There are still 2 practice session left on tomorrow and sat (there were a few hundred watching todays from rock and roadside) so good chance to catch some pre-action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

WTF is the story!

Its like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: why was there a lottery in the first place.

I am never drinking Red Bull again. Bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 soloko

Have 2 spare free tickets am in dublin a5 leaving early tomorrow morning ...pm or email

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Anybody hear why its not on TV3 at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Probally called off due to rain ! LOL:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

There was 1 round done
    7 out 8 planes done a round
    was a long day to be waiting around for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

Suposed to start at 13.00

Did not kick off till about 16.30

For less than 20 mins, then its over

Hours listening to that plonker MC blabbing on in a panicing voice

Best thing was, as soon as they announced it's over the rain stopped and the sun came out, lol!

Lots of unhappy folks

BTW - was no tickes or anything, ya just walked into it.

Advertisement