Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lusk

Options
  • 15-07-2005 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Anyone here live in Lusk or know anyone living in that area? What is it like as a commuter town? There are quite a few new developments there at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Distant. I fell asleep on the train once and woke up there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Myself n the GF are looking to buy a house out there at the moment, her sisters been living there for the past 8 months and loves it. Im living in clondalkin at the mo, takes between 30-40 mins to get to lusk on ave(god knows how long at rush hour). Its hand for the GF as her family ar all within a 10min drive from lusk, as for me all my roots are southside(the things i do for her ;-) The estate(lusk village) we're looking at is nice, for the money the houses are great, we're looking at a 4 bedroom with a big back garden for €340,000... New schools just been built, shopping center is on the way(so i hear) and there'll be a montisorri soon(planning to run it from the house.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Hey guys i bought one in lusk myself. great houses.

i wouldnt bother with the montessori as there is a huge creche been opened up in chapel farm. just thought id tell ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

They know about the creche, montessori is completely different(so they say)... Its the GF n her sister that are setting it up so its up to them. I have my own job so i'll stick to that.. Hope we get the mortgage, liking the idea of living out there..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Its a bit distant but locate near the train station and you're fine, nice place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Thanks for the replies. Do any of you know what the story is with parking at the train station. There seems to be a decent sized car park but there are probably lots and lots of people using the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

The car park does for 2 towns- rush and lusk, same with all train station car parks- if you don't get there really early you won't get a place. There's no supermarket- the nearest decent one is in Swords or Skerries. The train only takes 30 mins to get to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The train only takes 30 mins to get to town.
    ...and in my case a further 15 minutes to get from Connolly to Grand Canal... Balbriggan --> Grand canal = ~45 minutes

Advertisement