Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this too much? - Smackdown spoiler

• 15-07-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

I was disgusted tonight watching SM when MNM started making fun of the death of Hawk of the Legion of Doom, sometimes I really think that WWE pushes things too far (and for what then? To see Animal and Heidenrich teaming up? Pleaaasseeeee!!!)

The Guerrero-Rey story involving families and children; the Kane-Edge-Hardy feud mixing fiction with reality; all the bull**** about american patriotism with "Hassan" type of guys coming out from time to time giving out against american and talking bull**** about 9/11 or the Iraq war when a lot of people actually lost (is loosing) their life.....I personaly think that this get too far.

I still think it is possible to create great feuds (as there currently are) without having to go over the limit.

And overall I am very disappointed with tonight's SD show... look forward to some serious feud for the belt in the next few months with Batista, JBL, Taker (will probably be #1 contender after beating Hassan) and Orton when he gets back.

Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

You still watched it though, right? If your so appauled by it, boycott it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

I watch it because I like it, but this is not the point I was trying to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

How many WWE are too controversial threads had there been so far??? doesnt matter, the point is WWE want to shock and appaul you now cause it's the only way you'll get a heel to stay a heel in the fans eyes and keep you watching. (even i want to know Rey's big secret is now)
    I dont like anyone more than you do but the WWE dont really care as long as it's "great tv".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think it was that disrespectful. They just pointed out that Hawk was dead and while they were laughing while they said it, I'm sure Animal was informed before they went out to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

and then there is this that was edited out for Europeans

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/mediahassan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

The WWE certainly seem to be trying to court alot of controversy recently. This may be their way of trying to claw back a few viewers to drag themselves out of their recent slump.

It doesn't bother me personally but I don't think it's the answer to the WWE's problems. There are just so many to choose from.

Main eventers are cripples - Angle and Taker anyone? (both class in their day - two of the all time best) Hogan v Austin for Mania 22? Both unable to work a TV quality match, let alone Mania Main Event quality!

Writers are terrible - The only well written thing to appear on WWE television in the last two years is the Hassan promo the other night and I believe alot of that was his own work.

Brand split is purely to make money, not to improve the product.

They can't let go of the past - Flair, Hogan etc. These guys need to move out of the ring before a new era can be realised. ECW ONS would not have happened if the product was better, maybe that's one good thing ;)

Back on the original subject, there was a bit of debate about that on the IwW boards and opinion is split. It doesn't bother me, it's just poor writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    and then there is this that was edited out for Europeans

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/mediahassan

That wasn't shown in America either. UPN informed WWE that they didn't want Hassan to be on SD this week, so he showed up on Velocity. This issue has really pissed me off though. From the reports I read, Hassan was actually getting booed when he spoke about how the reporter was being racist. It was basically the proof that he needed that showed he wasn't talkin bull**** the whole time. It validated his character and motives. And the idiots boo him for it. I've been a fan of Hassan, and I haven't seen any real reason as to why I should view him as a heel

I find it all very strange to be honest. WWE is actually appearing not to be racist for once

Just in case anyone missed it, what the New York Post reporter wrote was headlined by "Terrorist Wrestles After Bombings". He also wrote about how "Arabs in ski-masks" assisted Hassan. The guy just called him a terrorist because he's of Arab descent, and he called the guys who's faces were covered Arabs because they did something bad. Because as we all know, Arabs stand for all that is wrong with the world :rolleyes:

I wish they'd import Canadian fans to every show. They're much more intelligent people

Advertisement