Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegetarian food in Prague/Budapest?(can a mod plz move this)

• 15-07-2005 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Do normal restraunts normally have at least one vegetarian option ? I have a feeling it might be alot more difficult than Dublin.

[MOD] whoops - was supposed to put this in Travel, could you move it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tusky wrote:
    Do normal restraunts normally have at least one vegetarian option ? I have a feeling it might be alot more difficult than Dublin.

Hi there,

I was over in Prague last October with the gf, who is not really a veggie but won't east most meats.

A lot (most) of the restaurants in Prague are actually very commercial, not the traditional fare you might expect. The menus are the same (literally the same, they only change the name of the place on the cover) in a lot of places. I don't think you will have a huge problem - if you are totally stuck, there are loads of restaurants that do pizzas, but I am certain that there are more veggie options. From what I remember, the typical stuff tended to be Italian-ish food, basically your bog-standard menu from nearly anywhere in the world.

Sort of OT: I personally didn't think much of the food over there, none of the food I had tasted particularly fresh leading me to believe that their kitchens consisted of nothing but microwaves. If you are looking for a nice dinner as opposed to something to soak up the beer (which is absolutely fantastic), then I would strongly recommend you do your research and find a decent restaurant - don't be fooled by the fancy looking menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭judesherry

i was just over in Budapest in June and the food was great with lots of veg options. i have to say we had some of the best meals in out life. it was pretty cheap for the quality of food.
    there is a small square with about a dozen restaurants on it, we went there most nights as anywhere else we tried just wasn’t as good. its just off the octogen ( not sure of spelling) on metro line 1. you can eat like kings over there for the same price as the crapest meal in dub.
    never being to Prague so cant compare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'm a vegetarian and I was over in both Prague and Budapest last year. Had no problems at all finding vegetarian food in either place. I was all over eastern europe and had no difficulties at all. We had the lonely planet guide to eastern europe and it is decent enough with it's guide to eating out and does mention vegie restaurants where ever you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Great, thanks peoples. Im not actually looking for vegetarian restaraunts cause im going with a load of other people. Im happy to hear that its easy to get though!

Advertisement