Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squads and Communication.

Options
  • 15-07-2005 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

At the moment when I play there does not seem to be much teamwork going on , just everyman for himself. I wonder does this have something to do with a lack of microphones and people not talking to each other. I thought I'd hear loads of people talking over microphones but all I hear is the pre-recorded chatter.

Anybody got a mic for this game? Would getting one improve my play? Could the reason im not hearing anypeople talking the fact Ive some specific option turned off or are they just not popular.

SEEKER

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You have to be in a squad to hear/use voip ingame chat.
    We use it in our clan along with teamspeak.
    So yeah a mic is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Its not half as bad as 1942 and vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

You always tend to see one guy on a server with a mic and hes screaming orders and just in general sounding awfully needy. That being said a proper 6 man squad all with mics and well organised would probably be very enjoyable not to mention lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

we use teamspeak instead of the ingame voip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

doesn't the ingame VOIP increase ping times alot more
    than teamspeak?

Hence its worth it to use teamspeak seperately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I don't use the voip as i think the sound quality is very poor.Teamspeak does the job.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

TS is always great but it's still for the reserved few who know the address and use it.

I joined last night and not only was there no VOIP, but 9 squads (the max) with only 1 PERSON IN EACH !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Where can I get this teamspeak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

So say I download TS and wanna use it while on the TIG 64 man server, for example, do I need to go into a new channel or something?

I can connect to the TIG TS server but how do I know who is on my squad and more importantly, who is on my team...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Do you have to use a headset? Is it worth getting one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Only good if your in a clan tbh. You can have a good laugh with ur clan buddys.

I think people should use the voip function, especially on the TIG servers if the players are predominately Irish or UK based... It would be great fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I would love to, but it seems that squads are nothing more than green dots instead of blue.

I try creating squads so my members can actually spawn beside me, but by the time I get a good 4-6 people on my squad I have to log.
    On other servers there is about 8 squads with one or two members in each of them. WTF? I can understand a few small squads , but that is just ridiculous.

When I get a good sqaud with me, I use VoIP because I know there will actually be a benefit, until then, I just go around doing my thing.
    I bet if people realised how many more points you would get in a good squad they would be interested :rolleyes: .

(Whoops, rant :D)

From now on when I'm on a TIG server I'm going to create a squad for people who wanna use VOIP. The ingame voip cos I dont know how to use TS.

The squad will be called VOIP, funnily enough and my ingame name is Paolo264 for anyone who is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

VOIP has never worked for me in the retail version. If I enable it I get disconnected right after joining a server, and will no longer be able to connect to servers until I restart BF2. Switch off voice comms and everything works fine. Anyone else get this?

It worked well + was great fun in the demo of BF2..

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

I kinda prefere VOIP to TS, i like how it lowers the ingame sound fx so you can hear what there saying.

Never noticed any ping problems with it, but I was never having a conversation either just short comments.

But the squads are a little stupid sometimes, was in one in the demo aaages ago, and there were 2 guys, joined and got kicked from it, because they wanted to be by themselves I guess :rolleyes:

Advertisement