Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the back axle

Options
  • 16-07-2005 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

i have a cb oddysey
    everything is configured for effecient riding on it
    tis time last year i got the rear axle replaced
    i recently got a puncture on the bike and realised that the back wheel is not very free wheeling.
    i released the brakes just to ensure they werent the culprit-and they werent
    in my opinion the back wheel should be as free wheeling as the front wheel - nowhere near it on mine though

any ideas>?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

cones might be too tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

uberwolf wrote:
    cones might be too tight.

these can be very fiddly in the snense tat its hard to get the right tightness or am i wrong
    thanks for your comment would appreciate it if you replied to this new post my mine
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

they certainly can be very difficult to get right.

Particularly when putting a new axle and not replacing say the bearings or race. Then you have to tighten to compensate for the extra give. A rough guide would be to hand tighten only, till you feel tension, and then lock the outer ring.

Hopefully the links in the sticky at the top will have a slightly more detailed guide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Advertisement