Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefied 2 patch *hotfix* 1.02

Options
  • 16-07-2005 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

HOTFIX for BF2 v1.01 Now Available!
    The hotfix for Battlefield 2 v1.01 is now available for download. This update replaces v1.01 and fixes the said memory leak. Along with this update, we’ve made available an updated unranked server file for Win32 and an updated unranked server file for Linux.

Battlefield 2 v1.02
    Patch 1.02 - (16.3MB)
    (this replaces all previous updates)

Battlefield 2 Unranked Server Files for Win32
    Unranked server files - (127MB)
    (this replaces all previous Win32 server files)

Battlefield 2 Unranked Server Files for Linux
    Linux build - (131MB)
    (this replaces all previous Linux server files)

NOTE: Upon installing v1.02 you will see references to v1.01. You are not installing v1.01 but are installing v1.02 (referenced in the game browser as 2484)

We want to encourage our community to continue to use the BFHQ@ea.com email box. We check this email daily and while we can’t always respond to all the emails, we do read each one of them. So if you’re seeing something in the game you think is a problem, drop us an email.

Have a great weekend!
    [EA]Mike and the rest of the Battlefield team.

Tig is updated dont know about IOL, anyone tried it yet, good, bad, worser(its a word)?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Cheers for the linkage hopefully this sorts it out proper this time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Where are the ranked server updates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Where are the ranked server updates?

Only the partner list get them.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hey all,

Myself and a couple of mates are having a LAN party this weekend and we've just installed the new patch. Now when we try to join a game or start a single player game, it drops out to the desktop - reproducable on several machines here.

Anyone else seeing this??????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Random CTD (crash to desktop) are becoming part of playing BF2 for me :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I've patched to V1.02 (no issues during process) but now I can't login to the sodding account server. It just sits there, doing nothing.. and of course the only way out of it is to hard reboot the feckin' PC. Anyone else getting this issue?

Mumble grumble bastards :mad:

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

c0y0te wrote:
    I've patched to V1.02 (no issues during process) but now I can't login to the sodding account server. It just sits there, doing nothing.. and of course the only way out of it is to hard reboot the feckin' PC. Anyone else getting this issue?

Mumble grumble bastards :mad:

c0y0te

Sounds like a firewall problem. When the prompt box opens behind BF2 and the game stalls.

Either allow the .exe through the firewall again
    Or
    Shut down the firewall before starting the game, then once the game has started and your in, Alt+Tab the game and turn your firewall back on, hopefully this will give a clickable prompt box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Patched up and no problems...........as yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

patched and working. A first for BF2
    New game 1 week of probs
    patch 1.01 3 days of probs
    patch 1.02 no probs as yet and it is now possible to kill other than random tk's :D

Oh, I did have to open my big mouth, didn't I.

Now CTD's and then your problem c0y0te

Effing EA and their effing crap patches that make things worse, SODS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Patch fails!!!!!!!

****ing EA BASTARDS!

And THE **** DON'T ****ING WORK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

hmm all good, No probs whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

the_syco wrote:
    Patch fails!!!!!!!

****ing EA BASTARDS!

And THE **** DON'T ****ING WORK!

have atleast 2gig free on the drive, and also if it still doesnt work, theres something on the EA forums, about in the registery u need to make sure theres no C:\Battlefield2\ - it should be C:\Battlefield2 if u get wat i mean, drop the last '\'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

C Fodder wrote:
    patched and working. A first for BF2
    New game 1 week of probs
    patch 1.01 3 days of probs
    patch 1.02 no probs as yet and it is now possible to kill other than random tk's :D

Mmmmm Random TK's *gurgle*

However I should make a suggestion to the BF2 patch developers to rebind page-up to page-down to stop the knobends who punish for accidental TK's

However I should make a suggestion to the BF2 patch developers to rebind page-up to page-down to stop the knobends who punish for accidental TK's

Absolutely as I have hit the page down accidently while meaning to forgive and seen squad leader kicked after I failed to clear a C4 blast in time :o .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Anyone else having problem since applying the patch were it takes ages at the loading complete verifying client data stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

patched and working grand. Ping to servers is quite high though.

pre-patch: had my choice of servers at 47ms
    post patch: lowest is 109 and there's only a few of those.

thankfully TiG servers are nice and playable....now, if I can just get rid of those people shooting at me.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

patched it today, and now its taken 5 minutes of searching for servers to find 2 of them. wtf!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Please stop using the ingame browser to look for games. It'll only offer a handful with pings lower than 100 (for me at least).

Use the All Seeing Eye and you'll find 100+ servers with low pings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Well I finally got the patch working. Like others have mentioned, WHAT is with the in-game server browser? I'm lucky if I see any servers there with better that 150 or 160 ping.

And the load times!! Good GOD. Its so frustrating. It actually takes over 5 minutes to connect to a server and load a map. And by the time the "verifying client data" is done on a number of different occassions, the map on the server has changed, and it has to go and do the whole thing over again!!!

Using Game Spy is no smooth sale either. Sure, the server list is much better, but by the time the game actually loads, the server is invariably full!! And that's if the game loads at all. Often when I click on Join Game - the initial Battlefield logo flashes on the screen, and I'm just returned to desktop and nothing happens. Then I have to go into the Task Manager and shut down the BF2.exe thats sitting there doing nothing. GAH!!!

Great game though ;)

• Advertisement

Branoic wrote:
    Well I finally got the patch working. Like others have mentioned, WHAT is with the in-game server browser? I'm lucky if I see any servers there with better that 150 or 160 ping.

And the load times!! Good GOD. Its so frustrating. It actually takes over 5 minutes to connect to a server and load a map. And by the time the "verifying client data" is done on a number of different occassions, the map on the server has changed, and it has to go and do the whole thing over again!!!

Using Game Spy is no smooth sale either. Sure, the server list is much better, but by the time the game actually loads, the server is invariably full!! And that's if the game loads at all. Often when I click on Join Game - the initial Battlefield logo flashes on the screen, and I'm just returned to desktop and nothing happens. Then I have to go into the Task Manager and shut down the BF2.exe thats sitting there doing nothing. GAH!!!

Great game though ;)

Ignore the ingame browser, Use A.S.E. as mentioned earlier. As the load times...whats your specs/ ram etc? processor?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The solution to the high pings is to enter a value in the 'ping' window in the ingame browser.

If you enter 50 for example it'll give you servers with a max ping of 50 even if it didn't manage to find any when the field was emply and it listed all the servers !

As I said earlier, I use ASE to connect. You can connect to servers directly with this but you'll find that by the time ASE boots up the game that the free slot has been taken by someone else. But there are programs out there that allow you to copy and paste an IP from ASE and paste it into the ingame browser.

BF2 autoloader will be out soon which lets you select a full server and it'll connect to it for you as soon as there's a slot free. Handy if you want to play on one specific server only but don't want to refresh every 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I see. I'd never heard of the All Seeing Eye before. I've just downloaded it so hopefully it'll make some difference.

My computer specs should be more than capable of handling Battlefield 2:

Pentium 4 3.4Ghz CPU,
    1 Gig of Ram
    100 gigs free memory
    Sapphire Radeon X700 Pro video card

Games like WoW and Counter Strike work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Has anyone had crazy lag like problems? The game ran great for me until I patched it, and now it's unplayable due to what I thought was lag. Then when I tried a singleplayer map, I still get lag. I then thought it could be a driver issue and updated every little thing I could find in my computer and the game is still unplayable. Is it just me or anyone else get this? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Ok, I had the demo version of BF2 but I bought the full version yesterday. What's the advice? Do I install the patches or wait for 1.03 in august?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Get .02.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Ciaran500 wrote:

i'm getting sick of this already. only playing teh ful version this evening and already 2 crashes :mad: :mad: :mad:

does this patch fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Im getting that crap too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ive only had one ctd since buying the game meself

• Advertisement

Deadwing wrote:
    ive only had one ctd since buying the game meself

Yeah my first ctd was last night...please let not be a sign of things to come :mad:

Advertisement