Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good House night out in Dublin?

• 16-07-2005 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? I've a friend over on holidays and I'd prefer to bring him to somewhere that's not full of idiots who are drunkily jumping around to remixes of the Killers etc. Just a good crowd with a decent music policy. You get the idea. I think something along the lines of soulcandy or perhaps a bit heavier.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

You could try Bodytonic
    www.bodytonicmusic.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Nice one thanks for the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I haven't been there myself cox I ain't in the country but I've been hearing good things about a night my mate Anthony O'Brien runs at the Met Bar on Saturdays. Also same goes for a night called Hospital in Mischief on Fridays - apparently it's mental!

Excuse my ignorance but where is Mischief?

Great I might bring him to A.O'Brein cos I like what I've heard from 12Ten (is it all 3 of them or just him?). If your outa the country don't bother looking it up I'll do my own research :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mischief is the new name for viva. On south william street.

• Advertisement

Bri wrote:
    Great I might bring him to A.O'Brein cos I like what I've heard from 12Ten (is it all 3 of them or just him?). If your outa the country don't bother looking it up I'll do my own research :D

It's just Anto running the night as far as I know but he regularly has Rob and Al playing as guests and the music policy is very similar to what 12ten used to be before it ended.

Cool thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

this mite sound a bit odd but i went into the westmorlan bar and rest and downstairs the had a house nite and it was bril, no idiots jumping around just excellent house hassel free, as soon as im in town again il be hitting there and its free

Excellent thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭skkatter

Giles wrote:
    Also same goes for a night called Hospital in Mischief on Fridays - apparently it's mental!
    Get with the times Giles, Hospital isn't on in Mischief anymore, it's moved to Traffic on Fridays. It's a fun club, I've been there the past two Fridays and they're getting a lot of people down. Music tends more towards the crowd pleasing end of the house/breaks spectrum (ie, it's normal to hear Rocker being played) but it's not 100% cheese.

For the weirder, more minimal (and in my opinion better) side of house you should check out D1's Model 1 club in Traffic on Saturdays. They play a lot of techno too, but if you ever see Ross Carew's name on the flyer you'll hear a lot of good house and minimal techno along the lines of Perlon, ,Contexterrior, Playhouse, and Treibstoff records and from such artists as Villalobos (the toast of the minimal town right now, still), Robag Wruhme, Isolee, Akufen etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

in the met bar?
    like upstairs?
    or downstairs...?

skkatter wrote:
    Get with the times Giles, Hospital isn't on in Mischief anymore, it's moved to Traffic on Fridays.

Well I do have a good excuse for not being with the times, I've been out of Ireland since the start of April...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

From my experience a large proportion of the Mischief crowd would be deemed as "up for it". A good night out though, but you might just want to consider this before bringing an unsuspecting friend into a house of such madness. Good to see them moving to the bigger venue.

Bodytonic is very good, would be reasonably similar to what you would hear at something like Soulcandy, but far less of the cheesey house music.

Backlash on Thursday in Wax is also an excellent night, similar in style to Mischief, and they get great crowds for a Thursday night club.

Ta. for the input...

Not following why your warning about the Mischief crowd?! Is up for it in this case a bad thing?

Bri wrote:
    Ta. for the input...

Not following why your warning about the Mischief crowd?! Is up for it in this case a bad thing?

Haha I think he just means that half the people there are "all-weekend' relentless caners!!!! Not necessarily a bad thing... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Giles wrote:
    Haha I think he just means that half the people there are "all-weekend' relentless caners!!!! Not necessarily a bad thing... :D
    ;)

Haha thanks lads :D

BACKLASH: After all that linking I'd feel bad not going to one of your nights!

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Hedge

Only one place to be this weekend as far as Im concerned.

Inland Knights at Sub Lounge (Formerly O'Reilly's - Under Tara Street Station)

http://www.novadance.com/index.php/option/viewnews/sid/815.htm

They have a mix from 2003 on www.bodytonicmusic.com if you fancy a sampler.

Seen them twice before in Scotland and they've had the place going wild. Deep and chunky and not too serious. Definitely the type of music to be bopping with the opposite sex to.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Hospital might be gone from Mischief, but we'll be there rocking it up. Moving from our old venue of Project Arts Centre. And its free in. Such self promotion!!

DUI Every Friday @ Mischief (Top Floor) on South William St.

9.30pm till late

All pints €4, all cocktails €5

Admission as always is FREE

Check out www.duidjs.com for more info

Fri 22nd July
    Danny DUI
    Brian Cairns
    Jonathan Woods

Fri 29th July
    Terry DUI
    Neil Proudfoot
    + more tba