Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Groove Armada - releases

• 16-07-2005 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Right this a little strange but I know I'm not crazy! Looking at Groove Armada's Discography I see only their 3 big albums, 1 really old one and those Back to Mine etc. releases. The singles all seem to match up to these albums.

Yet I'd swear they've released more! I know I've heard a really good club tune that isn't a big hit (i.e. not superstylin') more than once and was told it was them.

Do they release under another name or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

might just been a remix of one of their tunes. Possibly at The River remixed by Fatboy Slim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Bri wrote:
    Right this a little strange but I know I'm not crazy! Looking at Groove Armada's Discography I see only their 3 big albums, 1 really old one and those Back to Mine etc. releases. The singles all seem to match up to these albums.

Yet I'd swear they've released more! I know I've heard a really good club tune that isn't a big hit (i.e. not superstylin') more than once and was told it was them.

Lot more than 3 albums come up on an Amazon search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Sorry I meant 3 albums + 1 old one (Northstar) and then the Back to Mine etc (Another late night and so on). I've already scanned disogs.

Apart from the albums listed and the very obvious singles I'm not seeing any particular songs released by them.

Any ideas what songs they have have been club-destined House hits...i.e. not I see you baby :D Songs like Inside your mind, Final Shakedown, Easy, etc.

Edit: Haha, having just properly listened back through Lovebox, the song is Easy.
    D'oh.
    Never mind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭keithdowney

Ye Beat Foundation.We licensed a tune from the band for our Sundazed cd.The cd is out again in August.See below for more.

Keith
    http://www.psychonavigation.com

Sundazed Compilation CD : Re Released
    Date: August 2005

The concept for Sundazed was created when former Kitchen resident, Podje, joined forces with Dublin's best chillout representative, Keith Downey. The result was what could only be described as a definitive chillout compilation (hence the sub title!) As with previous releases Psychonavigation and its new division Nippi Records have chosen to collaborate with Irish and international artists. The most notable of these include Beat Foundation, half of which is Andy Cato, who is best known as Groove Armada.

The compilation also contains material from JB. JB is a duo made up of J. Sutton and B. Jamieson, who also releases under the guise of Evolution. He has also released material on the prominent Bedrock record (UK label).Irish talents shine through again, with a track from Liquid wheel, which was co-produced by Timmy Hannigan (2fm).Other home grown artists on Sundazed include Esoterica (Dublin producer), Roddy Monks who has previously released material on Psychonavigation records. Podje and Ive (aka Deep Blue) also contribute to the CD.

Advertisement