Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Way Sis

Options
  • 16-07-2005 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

To anyone going to Oasis tonight here's to a fine gig in the sunsheeeine and I hope they aren't sheeeeite!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

There's optimism and then there's delusion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

i heard that they are pretty decent live, were they any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Excellent gig, perfect sound , great crowd, great set.....one of the finest gigs of the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭epoch rising

Heard the set was great, but seemily there was an awful amount of scumbags in the crowd. Was talking to a guy doing security at it, and he said the quantity of scummers was serious.
    Heard some snippets of the gig via mobile, though, and it sounded awesome. The crowd were in top vocal form. Sad I missed it now.

Got 3 free tickets for anastacia and tony Christie there yesterday. Couldn't have been arsed going, so I have them to a couple of young wans that were hanging around tescos. They went spare. At least they could make someone's day.

Don't think Marley Park is a hectic place for gigs, though. Very hard to get out of if you're not Luas-bound....

Heard the set was great, but seemily there was an awful amount of scumbags in the crowd. Was talking to a guy doing security at it, and he said the quantity of scummers was serious.

Very true man, alot of scummers in the crowd alright. I saw some junk ball with a smashed up face walking through the crowd with a brick in his hand, wonder what that could have been for?
    Just got word that they're playing the Point in Decemeber, 50e a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

i was working at both of the gigs. Oasis were great. one of the better shows I've seen them do. and i got to talk to the more eloquent of the Gallagher's afterwards.

Anastacia was a hilarious disaster of a gig. That place is supposed to hold up to 17,000 people as far as i know. there was a rumour that ticket sales had only hit 2,500 yesterday morning. the crowd was well empty. they were trying to give away tickets to anyone. it was embarrassing. more embarrassing than her wearing a Dublin jersey in a sad attempt to win over the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭epoch rising

Achille wrote:
    i was working at both of the gigs. Oasis were great. one of the better shows I've seen them do. and i got to talk to the more eloquent of the Gallagher's afterwards.

Anastacia was a hilarious disaster of a gig. That place is supposed to hold up to 17,000 people as far as i know. there was a rumour that ticket sales had only hit 2,500 yesterday morning. the crowd was well empty. they were trying to give away tickets to anyone. it was embarrassing. more embarrassing than her wearing a Dublin jersey in a sad attempt to win over the crowd.

23,000 sold out for Oasis. 7,000 for Nanny Stacia (must've been unbelievably terrible - imagining "Amarillo" played 3 times in a set.....*shudder*)

There was always a chance that Oasis was gonna be sheeite but I'd guess that Nanny Stacia was just plain sh1te.....

Advertisement