Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would like some feedback on this design,

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Looks very nice. I cant see much wrong with it.
    Its good and simple, I like the blue banner/Ad.

Possibly a bit more colour in there somewhere but
    thats gettin a bit picky.

Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Looks very nice. Easy on the eyes. Good use of white space. A lot of people dont leave enough.

Nice and professional too, and uncluttered. Easy navigation too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Without getting in there to the actual site and clicking around, it looks good. I like the grouping of 4 pictures in the centre, the menus look clear, and I like keeping it white.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sorry to be negative, but I've seen a site almost exactly the same as this, and worse, I'm pretty sure it was on a template site. I've seen a ton of sites very like it too. Don't get me wrong, it's a good site and well laid out, it's just not innovative or portfolio quality stuff imho, and there's a risk of accusations of plagiarism. That risk is your call though.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 WKD

I've seen it too, sorry.

It's a rip of a template.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Its nice but its probably a template too.
    Bottom left it says Copyright Your Company. Its in dollars, we euros here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

There is an apostrophe in FAQs where god did not intend an apostrophy to be. Remove it immediately (grammar Nazi).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

It's a template alright, but I think it's very well executed. The average person would have no idea and it looks professional, so I give it the Eastern European seal of approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

NeVeR wrote:
    I made this
    ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

NeVeR wrote:
    I made this , it's still in PSD format, any comments would be great,

http://www.davidstokes.com/_dev/main5.jpg

thanks.

I'm a webdesigner myself - also seen this before - bit obvious a fudge mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Look at the main site....
    He designs templates, this isn't a site, it's one of his templte designs....

Looks good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I didnt rip it from a site or anything, there are 100's of templates that look alike ,, I did look at other phone sites to get an idea of what the site should look like, the reason it's in dollors is because i mostly sell to the US market,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

NeVeR wrote:
    I didnt rip it from a site or anything, there are 100's of templates that look alike ,, I did look at other phone sites to get an idea of what the site should look like, the reason it's in dollors is because i mostly sell to the US market,
    Well then Well done on the design. Good one

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

I agree, nice site!! Template or otherwise.

However, me being the nosy git I am, I took a look around your own site, sorry to say it looks semi-naked! I'm running Firefox on OSX and there seems to be a lot of background images missing. Just a heads-up that's all!! Phone site looks good though.

Advertisement