Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT refunds on internet purchases

Options
  • 16-07-2005 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

My business (self-employed) is registered in Ireland (for tax purposes), and I live abroad.

If I make purchases over the Internet, and not from an Irish site, will I be refunded VAT by the Irish revenue commissioners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'd imagine it depends on where you pay tax on your earnings. If you're paying Irish PAYE, then you could get a refund from the Irish rev com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Is the company registered for VAT?

Does it have a director who is resident in Ireland?

Vat on purchases outside Ireland should be Zero Rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I bought a software program off an Irish company and I enquired about the vat on the software , they said that all their order's were handled by shareit.com and if vat was applied I could claim it back but if it wasn't I could'ent.

Strictly speaking as I was buying off an Irish company VAT should of been charged but it wasn't

Advertisement