Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intertoto cup coverage? and other Live football this weekend.

• 16-07-2005 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering does anyone know if the intertoto matches will be on TV this weekend?

Other football on the box includes the Peace cup on British Eurosport with teams like Spurs, Athletico Madrid, Boca Juniors.

Is there any other football on the Box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Liverpool - Bayer Leverkusen this evening on Channel 5 looks about the only other game on this weekend on the box.

P.S. I used my 2000th post to reply to your post, it's an honour mr. homer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

does any body know will any channel be showing man utd pre seasons matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Newcastle's Intertoto match is on Setanta PPV on Sunday afternoon.
    does any body know will any channel be showing man utd pre seasons matches
    Only MUTV afaik. You could always just subscribe for the month (€10?).

Shamrok wrote:

thanks shamrok

ill probly subscribe for a month

By the way, the following two Celtic friendlies next week are live on Setanta Sports Ireland:
    Tuesday, 19 July, 7.45
    Leicester City -VS- Celtic

Thursday, 21 July, 7.45
    Celtic -VS- Sporting Lisbon

Chelsea TV have a few Chelsea friendlies next week too. Like MUTV you can subscribe for just a month, if that's your fancy.

• Advertisement

Shamrok wrote:

by the way when do uniteds friendlies start

Seems to be next Saturday morning at 8.30am.

By the way, Linfield -VS- Rangers is now live and free on one of the Setanta channels — if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

P.S. I used my 2000th post to reply to your post, it's an honour mr. homer ;)
    I feel honoured and privileged Mr. Coyote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Sunday - 20:15 - Sky Sports 1 - Benfica v Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

eirebhoy wrote:

I will watch that one!
    Wonder if Diarra will play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

The United-Clyde match was live today on MUTV as is the Peterborough match on Tuesday night as well as the Far East tour which begins next Saturday morning.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Good find, eirebhoy!

Brian017 wrote:
    The United-Clyde match was live today on MUTV as is the Peterborough match on Tuesday night as well as the Far East tour which begins next Saturday morning.
    hmmm park will be playing it will be very interested

who was playing in the United-Clyde match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

hmmm park will be playing it will be very interested

who was playing in the United-Clyde match

well it finished 5-1 to United with goals from Kleberson, Miller, Scholes and Van Nistelrooy (2). Rio Ferdinand played and was jeered by the Utd support. Utd made 11 changes at half time

KevIRL wrote:
    well it finished 5-1 to United with goals from Kleberson, Miller, Scholes and Van Nistelrooy (2). Rio Ferdinand played and was jeered by the Utd support. Utd made 11 changes at half time
    Rio jeered brilliant he derserves it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

here's the full Utd 22 with comments (from another board)

Van der sar: Not a lot to do really, handled well when he needed to.

K. Richardson: Quite good, played at left-back. Very energetic and supplied some decent crosses.

Gerard Pique: Very impressed with this lad. IMO he outshone Rio. So composed and got stuck in when needed.

Rio: Got booed like hell. Was a bit nervous early on but settled in eventually.

McShane: Gave the ball away a few times. He had to play right-back, which is not his best position. Hopefully he'll get to play at centre-back in future.

Rossi: A few neat touches. Had one half-chance but was relatively quiet.

Kleberson: Probably his best game in a United shirt. Good passing and got in the box a few times. Scored the opening goal with his left foot about 10 yards out.

D Jones: Very neat and tidy performance. Got the ball and sprayed it around very well. Gave the ball away a couple of times but im sure he'll learn.

Fletcher: Was on the end of a few tasty tackles from some of the Clyde players. Skipper for the first half and was solid if unspectacular.

Ji-sung Park: Looked a bit rusty. Did show a few nice touches though.

L Saha: Great performance. Got a knock on the head which woke him up. Then he used his pace and strength effectively.

Then Sir Alex decided to change the whole team in the second half:

Howard: A few comunication problems with Silvestre, otherwise he handled well.

Eckersley: Did quite well bombing up and down the left flank.

Silvestre: Very poor. Gave Tim Howard nightmares and looked very, very rusty.

O'Shea: Did ok. Should have taught Silvestre a lesson or two.

Bardsley: Quite impressed with this lad. Much like Eckersley, he bombed up and down the right flank, and wasn't afraid to get stuck in.

Giggs: A few nice touches, looked very quick.

Scholes: Outstanding. Passing was excellent and he tried to give Ruud an opportunity every time he could.

Smith: Played the holding role quite well. I prefer him as a striker as I dont see him holding a midfield at the top level. Got stuck in like usual.

Miller: Passing was ok, gained confidence after he scored his goal.

Rooney: Fantastic. Wonderful skill and balance. Was a moment in the game where he had the ball at his feet and did his impression of a statue for 5 seconds. The crowd started laughing.

Ruud: Missed a hatful of chances. Got a penalty and scored it. Neat finish for his second goal.

Shamrok wrote:

MUTV only cost 8.00 euro a month thats good enough

Just noticed there that ITV2 is showing full 'as live' coverage of the ManU Asian Tour every evening of the morning matches. Handy for fans of them if ya have a UK FTV card.

Shamrok wrote:
    Just noticed there that ITV2 is showing full 'as live' coverage of the ManU Asian Tour every evening of the morning matches. Handy for fans of them if ya have a UK FTV card.
    i love my ftv card [gives ftv card a big hug]

saves me money cheers shamrok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

KevIRL wrote:
    Silvestre: Very poor. Gave Tim Howard nightmares and looked very, very rusty.

I thought he looked bad today. Him and Howard don't seem to get on at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement