Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with Internet Connection Sharing

Options
  • 16-07-2005 2:36pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I bought myself a wireless access point so that I can share my ISDN connection out to my laptop from my desktop PC at home, but I'm having trouble getting access on the laptop (cannot find server in IE).

It looks to me like everything should be working, I have ICS enabled, IP addresses are all set up, I have an internet gateway in network connections on the laptop.
    Even when I connect to the internet gateway on the laptop it makes the desktop machine dial-up.

BUT...
    That's where I'm stuck, when I load up IE and try to access a web page I get the dreaded "page cannot be displayed" message.

Any ideas? I'm sure it must just be some setting I missed.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Wandering Dazed

Personally, I wouldn't go near ICS, it is a swine to work with and is full of bugs. If you have a WAP then it should be doing the routing/nat etc. Turn off ICS and setup dhcp on the WAP and pop in the connection details on it.

Advertisement