Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod /car

Options
  • 16-07-2005 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

guys i want to use a ipo mini in the car. what can i use and where can i buy it.
    i donot know the name so i donot know what to look out for.
    hope someone can help
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's a few solutions that i know of...

1. tape deck - plugs into your headphone socket and the tape goes into tape deck - pro's cheap enough, con's audio quality is not the best.

2. itrip - although are technically illegal in this country (using it classes you running a pirate radio station) this connects again to the headphone and the in-line remote socket. - pro's works on any AM/FM radio, con's - coverage can be scrappy.

3. aux connection into the car radio, i actually haven't a clue what or how this is done but i have been told it is the best method for getting the best audio quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thats alot,i willsee if anyone has any comments that can help me abit more.i like the 3rd method but need tofind out more about how it will work

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

To use the AUX option your car radio has to have a AUX input on it somewhere, either in the form of a Red and White lead out the back of the radio or some have a phono input right on the faceplate. Don't mistake AMP pre out's for AUX inputs at the back, they look the same but should be labelled as one or the other.
    AMP pre outs are by far the more common to have, AUX input is a bit more special.

So if you've no AUX input then options 1.) and 2.) are your only options really and of those I'd go with 2.) as you might have a CD radio i.e. no tape and as said the quality is likely to be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks pauln:)

Advertisement