Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATTN ADMINS: Boards.ie Outgoing Email is offline.

Options
  • 16-07-2005 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to do this but it seems to be the only place I can post.

I changed my email contact address about 6 hours ago and am still awaiting an email to re-activate my ability to post.
    Is there a problem with the emails?

Can somebody please help?

Is there nowhere in the system forum that can accept this type of post from an "un-logged in" user?

Hagar
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

had same problem when i changed it to the @boards.ie address, if you try to change it back to your original address you should get a reply

either that or your email server could be down

BTW i only thought guests could only post in the PI forum

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There seems to be an overall problem with boards.ie's mail. I've sent multiple tests to myself in the last 48 hours and received none. Ditto for PMs and thread notifications.

Perhaps the admins are looking at it. For the moment I'd advise anyone not to change their email addresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Same problem here. No mails received at all since Thursday morning. And I'm subbed to a few forums and threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Anyone esle having a problem with subscriptions. They are simply not working for me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

They are working for me but I'm not gettin emailed about them though :S

• Advertisement

Merged threads.

All outgoing email seems to have stopped since Thursday evening at least :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm betting there's a drive full somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No mail getting through here either...

\o/

Nice one Cloud! (Sorry ecksor if it was you).

Seems to have come back up in the last hour, though you won't receive any emails that weren't sent in the last week or so.

Everyone in the "Users awaiting email confirmation" state will need to have their confirmation emails resent, Cloud or ecksor. Poor jester77 has been emailing me cos he can't log on after changing his email address :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Back on the air again. Wahoo. :D

Hi Sparky S, I did take the liberty of posting in PI as HagarinTrouble. Sorry mods but there were no other choices. Couldn't even PM anyone and couldn't see any email addresses to which to send a mail.

Perhaps the possibility of a Gmail/Hotmail contact address could be looked at or even a forum which allows non registered users to post? I know both could be open to abuse but maybe you guys can come up with a clever variation?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hagar wrote:
    Back on the air again. Wahoo. :D

Hi Sparky S, I did take the liberty of posting in PI as HagarinTrouble

I was wondering how that happened, anyways glad to hear you got sorted out ok.

Advertisement