Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax adviser needed

Options
  • 16-07-2005 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I urgently need advice from a tax adviser concerning the registration of a company. I am resident in france, but wish to register my business in Ireland.
    Can anyone on the boards help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Check out CRO.ie

At least one Directors of the company must be resident in Ireland. Or a bond is required from the company from the CRO.

Otherwise it is legal for a company to operate in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ck1

Best think that you can do is find a good tax advisor, one maybe that is recommended by the Institute of Tax or a good accountant one that is registered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants. Check out the Golden Pages, there is a section under Accountants giving names of accontants registered with the Chartered Institute of accountants.

If you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys. Tax advise is not cheap but well worth it in the long run. It is important that you get things off on the right foot particularly with regards to returns to the Companies Office as they have some very stringent penalties if filing dates are not complied with. And there is no bargaining with them.

I would aslo advise you not to take advice from unqualified persons as Tax is an absolute minefield, partitular VAT and I am assuming that your business will be VAT registered. Additionally, you will need to register for PAYE and PRSI, probable get Class S PRSI status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

esperanza wrote:
    I urgently need advice from a tax adviser concerning the registration of a company. I am resident in france, but wish to register my business in Ireland.
    Can anyone on the boards help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

What sort of issues do you need cleared up?? Maybe i can help you.

Advertisement