Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Totally off topic but...

• 16-07-2005 11:03pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

The only areas of boards I can access are the music sections, when I go to the home page or any other area I just get a blank screen with the headings at the top. Any thoughts? Bit odd :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

have you tried clearing your cache?

tools/internet options and then delete temporary internet files if you're using IE

Felixdhc wrote:
    The only areas of boards I can access are the music sections, when I go to the home page or any other area I just get a blank screen with the headings at the top. Any thoughts? Bit odd :confused:

Actually that star-adserver thing they're talking about doesn't seem to affect the Music board for some reason. :confused:

Actually that star-adserver thing they're talking about doesn't seem to affect the Music board for some reason. :confused:
    heh. i got the same thing as the OP when i tried opening that thread :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

It takes about 10 years for most other forums to load for me - same with the main page.

Waiting for that link to load now - how ironic!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Just deleted cache and history etc and still the same! V odd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Use Firefox with adblocker. Its a 2 mins download and 2 min to set up job so worth doing.

Mike.

aye. just installed adblocker here and boards is flying now :)
    i'd highly recommend installing firefox at the very least

I've been reading everyone saying it's great. I've been using FF & adblock since before Boards moved to that sales crowd and it is making no difference - I can't realistically open any of the forums but Music. i.e. In the last 5 mins I managed to open that linked thread, and now I'm thinking of giving up on the next page of it. :mad:

I'm on a college connection and all other sites load up in an instant.

did you add "*.star-adserver.com/*" as a new filter?

My mistake, didn't realise I'd just blocked individual scripts not the domain - and when I read the block I didn't think there'd be a difference. I usually use *'s all over the place so I musta missed that one.

Strange though? I've never seen the star-adserver ads yet blocking the domain works and specific links don't?

I thought adblock was purely an asthetic tool after loading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement