Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Encore For Eminem?

• 17-07-2005 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Marshall Mathers, aka Eminem, is considering bidding adieu to his Eminem persona. The Detroit Free Press reports word out of the rapper's camp suggests that on September 17, in Dublin, Ireland, Mathers will make his last appearance as Eminem--and Slim Shady. Apparently, Mathers, tired of the celebrity limelight and weary of the Eminem/Slim Shady persona, is considering shifting towards the role of producer and away from the on-stage identity that turned him into the best-selling hip-hop artist in history, one who has sold over $1 billion worth of records since 1999.
    On Eminem's new summer tour, a tense video storyline is woven through the Detroit rapper's show. Following a montage of visuals encapsulating his vast celebrity -- magazine covers, TV footage, limos, crowds -- the star is seen alone backstage, aiming a loaded pistol at his image in a mirror before turning it toward himself.

The climax is abrupt: With the gun to his temple, Eminem pulls the trigger. The screen goes black.

When the dressing room eventually fades back into view, the audience sees that the rapper sits unharmed; the gun has misfired. Eminem looks into the camera.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby!"

At a casual glance, it might come off like the latest shock attack in a career defined by controversy. But dig a bit deeper and you'll come upon a revelation even more startling, one that has been known only to the artist's closest friends and associates.

Marshall Mathers is ready to get rid of Eminem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

if hes not named eminem then will he be called marshal matters.

that should be good:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Good riddance to bringer of pop rap. Over the last year its been brought home to me how much I hate that ass hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'm glad to see him take a step back because he is one hell of a producer and he's not really offending too many people anymore so his hype is halved without the controversy...i think he's a lyrical genius but he maybe running out of things to say and is gettin on a bit...maybe he's grown up...either way he's given us some great memories and mental raps so fair play to him...y'all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Good news,his last 2 albums were horrible.Ass like that was a low point in this pop/rap crap,which is saying something.

At least he is smart enough to realise when he is washed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

As reported to The Detroit Free Press, Eminem will be retiring from the rap business. His latest release Encore is said to be his last project as an artist.

Em, aka Marshall Mathers, plans to focus on becoming a full-time record producer. Shady's finest will perform his last solo concert in Dublin, Ireland on September 17th.

Stupid feckin yanks. Is dublin the only place they think is in Ireland. Sh!t like that really gets my temper up.
    Anyways, if he really is "retiring" I'm pi$$ed that I won't be going to dublin to see him. It would be good to see his last concert if it is to be his last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Actually they say "Dublin, Ireland" because there's a Dublin in California too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

His point is the concert isn't on in Dublin, Ireland it's in Meath, Ireland. So there is no relevance to a Dublin, California.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Fair play to him for making something of himself.but he has only realeased complete s**t since the Marshall Mathers Lp.So i hope its true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

afaik its dublin ireland he meant.... he released his last 2 albums to sell and keep him in the spotligh..he didn't need to make anymore good songs although crazy in love and superman and my dad's gone crazy are deadly craic... he had set the groundwork to show people what he was about and i think he maintained that with the last 2 albums...be them masterpieces or a shambles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Willem D wrote:
    Good riddance to bringer of pop rap. Over the last year its been brought home to me how much I hate that ass hole.
    u aint the only one mate.....****in hate that guy too...

I was surprised to read an interview with proof saying something bout eminem making a wise decision because why not retire while you are at the top of the mountain...and since then ive been thinkin what ****in mountain is this?.......can anyone in this board tell me that cod i dont think a few of us see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

guys shady is cool. his albums were really good before but his last 2 albums were crap.
    maybe he might come back soon with another cool album.
    hopefully:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Willem D wrote:

What utter nonsense. Pop rap has been around since the 80s at least with the likes of the Fat Boys and MC Hammer etc. Eminem didn't "bring" anything destructive to hip-hop originally, his Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LPs were some of the most innovative, raw and original projects of the time and his lyricism is almost unparalleled. His new stuff is a waste I'll admit, but by no means did he somehow invent all the rubbish prevalent today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

WHO CARES - Eminem is nothing more than Jimmy Iovine's cock puppet!!!!!!! Now if we can get rid of the rest of Jimmy's "bum brigade" hiphop will be in a much healthier state......

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zgred

Eminem is not sing for Polish man and jewry and that's why i think he in the head have not good,in money in his head is mix that's all what i think and for him i have contempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

:boggle:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

he said that he isn't retiring

Advertisement