Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fysh, simu, dudara, Nesf, JohnK, Dizzyblabla, rymus

Options
  • 17-07-2005 2:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Did I get everyone? I don't want any riff-raff in here like.

My bufday's coming up in a fortnight so I'm tying it into the housewarming I've been avoiding for a couple months, and you're all invited. All I need to do now is figure out which date suits most people, so would you prefer:
    • Thursday the 28th (my birthday);
    • Friday the 29th; or
    • Saturday the 30th?
    adam

I didn't mean to add an arsing poll, however... 9 votes

Thursday
    0% 0 votes
    Friday
    11% 1 vote
    Saturday
    88% 8 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No I didn't get everyone: Damien is welcome too of course.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'm working the Thursday night, but I'm off for 2 weeks after that, so Friday or Saturday are good!! (I've voted for Friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Ta very much. I've always liked Fridays so I voted for that although I'm free all nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

dahamsta wrote:
    No I didn't get everyone: Damien is welcome too of course.

Awww shucks, I'm part of the Cork Clique now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

whichever of the above nights works grand here anyway... Well, unless I happen to be away on Thursday night thru work or something...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I didn't vote because it's all the same for a lazy student like me! Should be a good night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I voted for Friday.

I wanted to conform.

:)

damien.m wrote:
    Awww shucks, I'm part of the Cork Clique now.
    No you're not, it's just an honorary invitation since you turned up at the first BBC. You haven't turned up to one since though, so I'm fighting to have you exiled to Montenotte. Snobby git.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

never heard of any BBC, when's the next 1?

See here for the last discussion. That one fizzled out, but feel free to step in and organise the next one; by rights it should be the 5th of August, but it looks like we may be past the First Friday thing now.

Reply there, not here please, this is about something else.

And it's "one".

adam

• Advertisement

sorry, one.

I was just kidding. Sometimes it's hard to tell. So you didn't post there, are you not going to organise BBC Five Live for us? We've become tired and dated and dull, we need fresh meat... sorry, I meant to say new blood. :)

adam

ha ha, ye wont get a drop of my blood!
    no i wont be organising anything, i'm the type to sit back and then just turn up at these things, even if ye are dated and dull.....

Right, the 5th of August it is then! 5pm? Right you are, good call! But what pub though? Tom Barrys you say? Well, I can't argue with that! Right, that's settled then, BBC Five Live will be on Friday the 5th of August at 5pm in Tom Barrys on Barrack Street. See, that wasn't hard, was it?

Could one of those wonderful mods please split this discussion off to a thread called BBC Five Live please?

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    Right, the 5th of August it is then! 5pm? Right you are, good call! But what pub though? Tom Barrys you say? Well, I can't argue with that! Right, that's settled then, BBC Five Live will be on Friday the 5th of August at 5pm in Tom Barrys on Barrack Street. See, that wasn't hard, was it?

Could one of those wonderful mods please split this discussion off to a thread called BBC Five Live please?

adam

what just happened there?
    did i organise something?
    god, that was easy!
    pity i cant even make it though, after all my hard work organising it and all! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Five Live eh? I knew you spent evenings sitting at home thinking of witty taglines for boards beers :D

Femmy wrote:
    pity i cant even make it though, after all my hard work organising it and all! :(
    Well, you should've thought of that before you went and made all those decisions, shouldn't you! :)
    rymus wrote:
    Five Live eh? I knew you spent evenings sitting at home thinking of witty taglines for boards beers :D
    Auntie got there first I'm afraid. I just ran out of TV channels.

Anyway, back on topic: Friday was the most popular choice by far for the bufday/abodeheating evening, both here and in mysterious other places I asked, so Friday the 29th of this month it is. Can you all email me <adam AT beecher DOT net> so I can send the details on please? You too, people that haven't replied, don't think I haven't noticed!

(It occurred to me the other day that I only have an email address or phone number for one of ye, which struck me as a bit odd.)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

dahamsta wrote:
    (It occurred to me the other day that I only have an email address or phone number for one of ye, which struck me as a bit odd.)

adam

Didn't we swap mobiles at some point?

I can't remember exactly.

dahamsta wrote:
    Well, you should've thought of that before you went and made all those decisions, shouldn't you! :)

yeah, i guess....
    i'm such a dingus!
    and all the prep i did :( what a shame

nesf wrote:
    Didn't we swap mobiles at some point?
    I have two people with your name in my address book, neither of them with phone numbers. I changed phones recently but I went to great pains - literally, at least mentally - to merge everything, so I dunno what happened. Anyway, send on your email address, I'm not phoning everyone individually with invitations!

I've just convinced a lovely Spanish girl to make me up a special batch of sangria, so there's something to look forward to!

I'm still short one reply btw. You know who you are. I won't believe you if you say you're delousing the help or shaving three mill off the door.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

dahamsta wrote:
    You haven't turned up to one since though, so I'm fighting to have you exiled to Montenotte. Snobby git.

Says the guy with the Cork Con accent or something.

Yeah, fair point, well made.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:
    I've just convinced a lovely Spanish girl to make me up a special batch of sangria, so there's something to look forward to!

I'm wary of anyone in this country making that stuff since last weekend - the first batch included a healthy dose of rum, and the second an even healthier dose of gin (the rum had run out). Dodgy, dodgy ground to be treading - especially when the stuff can be quite happily made without having to add hard liquor (yeah, I know, where's the fun in that, ect).

I'm afraid the lovely Spanish lady has pulled out citing musical differences, however she did offer me her recipe for something called "Scottish Sangria". I declined, since it's unlikely I'd be able to do it justice, however she's promised to realign her musical tastes in time for my next party at the end of August / start of September.

Be seeing some of you tomorrow I guess. If anyone's ducking out of work early, let me know and we can hook up for a couple sneaky ones on the way out to my gaff. I wanted to do a pub crawl from my old gaff to the new one anyway, but then I realised that everyone I know is a wuss...

adam

Conveniently enough, I'm off work all day tomorrow and I'm always in the mood for sneaky ones beerchug.gif

ooh look, I'm off tomorrow too!! heh hehheh... pub crawl you say?? humm... I think that can be arranged!! I have to make up for missing the last boards beers anyway, and for not drinking that night in wagamama's....

Hmmm. I was half kidding, however I did actually have a plan for the housewarming when I first moved. I kept putting that off, hence the birthday/housewarming combo. However...

My first flat was in Margaret Street so the plan was to take in a pint each in Fionna Barras, The Gables, An Ciotóg, Paddy the Farmers, the Southern Star and the Glenanaar, before waddling tipsily over to my new apartment. My theory was that if we took our time over the first few pints, the walk between the last three pubs would kill off the alcohol in our systems, so we's just be pleasantly buzzing by the time we hit my new gaff. However it all seems a bit too good to be true now. I think that bump to 33 may have dislodged something.

I'm thinking now that I could manage four though, as long as the pubs are far enough apart. Skip the first three and instead start in the old reliable Phoenix at the old reliable time of 5pm. Have one there and one in each of the remaining pubs: Paddy the Farmers, the Southern Star and the Glenanaar. That way I should be back in the apartment in plenty of time for any early arrivals. (I'll divert the landline just in case.)

Am I reaching?

adam

I'll be on for that. See ye at 5!

making me drink for breakfast again?? I'll see you at five (/note to self, wear comfortable shoes!!)

You've also missed the Market Tavern, that's before Paddy the Farmers, and the Motor Arms next door, but maybe the Market, that's got a cool smoking "area"...

• Advertisement

We'll see how we go. I think I'd like to be relatively sober when the stragglers arrive at my gaff. :)

See you both at 5.

adam

Advertisement