Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That ISDN dealy thing...

• 06-08-2001 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭

What was the number to call to get on that ISDN deal, u know the one with xx amount of hours online for xx amount of pounds? I know its here somewhere but I've searched and can't find it.

I have more questions, I'll be back later, in a rush.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Also, I've kinda asked about this before but anyway....

Will I need a TA with analogue port in order to connect at 56k again? Or will the box Eircom put in do that job itself? Does anyone know of an Irish store that stocks those Asus TA's everyone seems to buy from OCUK?

And, I want it in my room, but the main phone is downstairs, and another phone in the room upstairs next to me.How will this work out for me? I'm not going to need a hub or anything am I? frown.gif

I'm not going to go away, so you may aswell answer me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

I don't know the number,but you can sign up for it online at eircom.ie,I signed up for it on Sunday and they phoned me today to say it was active now.

About the TA..I just have a 56k and a TA,both of them are connected to the eircom box so I just use whichever one I need.
    56k for no-limits and ISDN CS etc.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugler:
    Will I need a TA with analogue port in order to connect at 56k again? Or will the box Eircom put in do that job itself?...</font>
    AFAIK, the eircom hi-speed boxes that they now install has 2 regular analogue (rj-11?) outputs along with 2 rj-45 isdn ones... so you can plug your regular phone/modem in here... (I have an earlier (pre-hispeed) instalation which only has the 2 rj45 connections...)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> And, I want it in my room, but the main phone is downstairs, and another phone in the room upstairs next to me.How will this work out for me? I'm not going to need a hub or anything am I? frown.gif</font>
    My main phone was in the hall in my house but I asked the tech. if he could place the ISDN box upstairs in the office which he did without any problem... I then connected from this back into the house wiring which gave me back the phone points in the rest of the house...
    HTH
    ...or something™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I got a hi-speed box installed in my bedroom upstairs, with the main house phone downstairs unaffected. The Eircom box has 2 ISDN RJ-45 terminals and 2 PSTN RJ-11 terminals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

do u get 13free hours with any isp? with subscription a/c's or other 1891 a/c's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Scrap

What was the number to call to get on that ISDN deal, u know the one with xx amount of hours online for xx amount of pounds? </font>

is that possible..like a nolimits isdn thingy?
    my isdn bill is enormous, im with oceanfree, 1p per min off-peak and 4p per min peak frown.gif

You get a certain, relatively low number of hours online for a few quid Scrappy.Someone who is on it can tell you more, perhaps.

Will ISDN make me more attractive to the opposite sex?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You get a certain, relatively low number of hours online for a few quid Scrappy.Someone who is on it can tell you more, perhaps.

I can't remember for certain, but I think it's 173 or 178 hours, or some obscure number like that, that Eircom either have very good reason for or simply pulled out of a hat. I'm looking forward to seeing my bill next month. Well, more than usual that is. Personally, I'd prefer if it didn't have "Eircom" on it.

Will ISDN make me more attractive to the opposite sex?

Absolutely. I'm scoring all round the shop, me.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Will ISDN make me more attractive to the opposite sex?</font>

one week after getting my isdn i had a girlfriend and my sex life was back to normal

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    With eircom hi-speed bonus, you can get 13 hours of evening and weekend internet call credit at home – every month – for an extra £1.58 (€1.99) inc.VAT per month! You can also get 17.5% off the price of an ISDN modem.

If you are already an eircom hi-speed customer and you wish to subscribe to eircom hi-speed bonus you can do so now from your PC by simply completing the following form. An electronic request will be submitted to eircom with details of your order. There is no charge to send this electronic order. </font>

Hardly a bonanza? :/ It's a start, I hope its the road to flat rate off-peak at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

em where is this form ???!?!??!

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

*koff* I dunno where "hours" came from. Or the number. Sorry. frown.gif

adam

hehe don't worry about it, I didn't believe you anyway wink.gif

THAT many hours would almost be off-peak flatrate for me.We'll have to wait a while for that yet I'd say....

Oh, question.I have a second line installed, which will be no longer needed, there isn't some ridiculous 'un-install' charge fee is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

Will ISDN make me more attractive to the opposite sex?</font>

Depends how opposite the sex is.

How much does this deal cost, anyway?

Advertisement