Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow

Options
  • 16-07-2005 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I just saw there's another post about it, but for some reason the board is VERY slow tonight and it wasn't there before I started writing mine. It takes at least 5 minutes to display only one page, anyone else having this other problem?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Bob24 wrote:
    Sorry, I just though there's another post about it, but for some reason the board is VERY slow tonight and it wasn't there befaore I started writing mine It takes. at least 5 minutes to display only one page, anyone else having this other problem?
    here
    Recommend using firefox and adblock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I am using firefox on a mac with ad blocking, and boards is really frustratingly slow today.
    My pings to boards are spiking from around 49ms to 270ms.
    Boards is the only site i'm having problems with.

I've a 2meg cable connection. What could be wrong :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

if you're spiking i assume its connection problem, server seems fine for me.

Are you sure that the ad blocker is working?, test it on random image or something.

Have you tried 'sudo pico /etc/hosts' at the terminal and edit in

127.0.0.1 www.star-adserver.com

Might help

Whats it like in Safari ?

You can verify the host method, by pinging www.star-adserver.com and it should ping to localhost (127.0.0.1)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah, just saw the thread about star adserver and have blocked it, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Tools -> Addblock -> Preferences

add *.star-adserver.com/*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

is that just for ffox?,its real slow for my friend on ie too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

is that just for ffox?,its real slow for my friend on ie too
    No it's for all browsers. It's just that FireFox enables you to block the evil offender.

Advertisement