Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bjork - recommendations

• 17-07-2005 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I've always liked (most) of the Bjork I've heard, especially Big Time Sensuality & Violently Happy...but before I go buy an album:

Any particular one you could recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

debut is the best album by far. It has the two tracks you mentioned on it and "Venus as a Boy" as well as "Someone in Love" , two of her best tracks imo. I have the best of album and like a lot of best ofs its a bit meeh..

since this post i stuck on debut again. You have to get it Bri. Its got a reall breakbeat housey feel to it and she's a brilliant vocalist. I'd love to see her do more house and electro stuff....Ohh and Play Dead is on that album also. David Arnold is a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I think she's got a 'best of' out but sure check it out, I think all her albums are good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally I think Homogenic is one of her best, definetly check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Thanks.

What's homogenic like style-wise? I think I'll go for Debut first given it's contents. There's also a remix ablum I'm tempted to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JayDoubleU

Post is my fav LP , tracks produced by the likes of Tricky and Howie B , class infact the 1st 3 LPs r top quality , wasnt so big in2 the latest LP , it might have worked as an idea for a few tracks on the album but a full LP worth of accaplles just dont cut it IMO .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Bjork - In our hands (Arcade mix) Lov-el-y Jub-el-ly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

"I had been away from Iceland for over a year and when I returned for New Year I stayed on top of a mountain. I went for a walk on my own and I saw the ice was thawing in the lava fields. All I could hear was the cackle of the ice, echoing over hundreds of square miles. It was pitch black, The Northern Light were swirling around and just below them was a layer of thick cloud. I could see the lights from all the towns of my childhood mirrored in the reflections of these clouds, with the lava fields cackling below. It was really techno...."
    Björk Gudmundsdóttir

Taken from the preface of Techno Rebels, The Renegades of Electronic Funk by Dan Sicko

Ah. I like Bjork.

First album, I like also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Debut is definitely the one to go for if you like the two songs mentioned. I remember that my brother had an EP of Debut and there was a wicked extended mix of Human Behaviour on it. Anyone know if it appeared on anything else. I'd love to get my hands on it in CD or Mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Any particular one you could recommend?

Try "NordicPixieWomanFunnyVoiceCockneyInnit?AvantGardeSqueakySqueakySquakeyYouLikeMyStrangeyVoiceAndMeLookyLikeLittleEvilGoblinMePunchyCameraNutterInnitIsm"
    It was really techno...."

What a load of old sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

JayDoubleU wrote:
    wasnt so big in2 the latest LP , it might have worked as an idea for a few tracks on the album but a full LP worth of accaplles just dont cut it IMO .

Fair enough about Medúlla - a whole album of that kind of stuff might be a bit much after a while. When I first heard 'Triumph of a Heart' though, I thought it was pretty impressive (once I'd figured out it was made up entirely of human voices - didn't cop it straight away!) and the video is absolutely insane!

Debut and Post would have to be my favourites so far. Still pretty unusual but more listenable than some of the later stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement