Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aircraft Bombing... How exactly?

Options
  • 17-07-2005 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

OK - just to be clear... I'm not talking about tactics or skills here, just a basic question regarding 'how to actually bomb' from an aircraft in respect of setting up a control key option.

In other words - when I view the controls panel I can see left-mouse is primary fire, right mouse is alt-fire; which on an aircraft equates to cannons and missiles.... so where do I configure the bombs bit? Which key is used to loose the bombs?

Thanks in advance.

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Press F to switch weapons in *some* planes and choppers.

Timing your bomb is a skill and when people get me in a moving buggy i applaud them.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

c0y0te wrote:
    so where do I configure the bombs bit? Which key is used to loose the bombs?
    Top of the keyboard. Above the QWE, the 1 is usually for air-to-air, and the 2 is usually for air-to-ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Thanks lads :)

Now that I've found the bombs away button... I really need to focus on staying in the air long enough to actually have a chance at hitting something on the ground, other than the 'ground' ;)

Have to admit though - there are some amazing pilots out there. I did manage to get in the gunner seat of a gunship over the weekend with a very good pilot - and it was great craic. Makes a difference having someone at the controls who knows what they are doing.

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I can fly , just about , I can fire the air to air and hit something , just about , but all I make is holes witht he bombs :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the only time i crash in a plane, is when chasing someone and they lead me into the back of a building (would be nice if he got a kill for this) or when my joystick ****s up at takeoff and i just keep turning right into another building.

they are great fun once you get into the air, and a joystick in definatly (imo) better then mouse/keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I have serious problems flying the planes, I always crash about 5 seconds after take off or else end up flying around in circles. They just move too dam fast for me.

I can fly choppers no problem, but in the gun ships I cant hit jack with the missiles, is there a lock on system for the gunships?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Keyzer wrote:
    is there a lock on system for the gunships?

no, its more about the angle of the helis nose and speed your flying at, if you are flying fast the missiles generally overshoot the crosshair

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

I haven't flown in a while however when the demo was out I determined (certainly with the cobra) that the way to aim the rockets was to use the crosshairs to line up the target left to right and the artificial horizon to determine where the rockets were going to hit up or down. Not sure if I explained that so well. the important thing is I belive the rockets always fire towards the artificial horizon indicator on your hud. With a little practice I was able to bullseye vehicles. I don't find it as easy on BF2 to hit targets as I did in DC, then again I need more practice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

if ya wanna practice flying jsut create a local game and set the map to the one with the aircraft carrier in the bay and the chinese runway in the mountain pass, and just fly around, personally I find teh chinese jet a lot easier to control than the raptor, just p1ss around in and out of the mountains and you'll soon learn control.

As for choppers, after weeks of trying to fly them I managed to land one the other day only for my mate to stick an artillery strike on me head, usually in bigger maps we'll bail out of the chopper over a flag, capture it then nick the enemy's chopper and head to the next flag, bail out etc etc

Advertisement