Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Outstanding finance on s/h cars ?

Options
  • 17-07-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Question........

If you do a finance check with the company in Clonskeagh who supply such info, and their system says 'no outstanding finance on that car', does that mean there is no money owed on the vehicle ?

i.e. are there other finance companies not listed on their system ?

(BTW, do they accept over-the-phone credit card payment for their service?
    .......Or is it still 'cash or cheque only' ?)

Cheers,
    Silvera.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The finance companies can't repo a car back from someone to which it is sold on to provided the seller has the log book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

wot ya buying Silvera.
    Thought you bought a civic not so long ago???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Bond-007 wrote:
    The finance companies can't repo a car back from someone to which it is sold on to provided the seller has the log book.

Don't know about that ?!........I've read (and heard) about lots of people having their recently-aquired cars (often owned by them up to 1 yr) repossed due to outstanding finance owed by the previous owner.

boardsee,
    I sold a Civic recently. I'm considering an Astra.
    (Will post pics when/if I buy).

Advertisement