Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting365 down all weekend

Options
  • 17-07-2005 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I have several websites on Hosting365 and a few of the reside on win1.Hosting365.ie

But since late firday (15th) night, the c drive on that server has no free space :mad: and hence some of my websites don't work.

I can't get any support off them as it seems they don't do weekend support, so all my phonecalls and emails are wasted, and yet my sites are still down...

I'm just about fed up of them at this stage :mad: and think I will move away as this is beyond a joke, especailly since this is NOT the first time that this has happened...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

What Irish-based hosting companies do provide support at weekends does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Send an email to them and put URGENT in the subject line and they should look at it, otherwise try posting on their forum. There is an out of hours escalation procedure, though I don't know if it applies to all customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 peterdoug

Hosting365 and its file management system is working fine for me this weekend...

I am rather surprised at the complaint above; one reason I've chosen to remain with Hosting365 in increasing my account with them is exactly because of their weekend service.
    The manager Stephen seems to personally look after it at such times, and replies within an hour or two, in my experience
    [Note: this was always the case, even at the start, when I had their most basic level of hosting]

This site Boards.ie is also hosted by them and seems to be ok this weekend, and indeed generally?
    A moderator can fill you in better on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

peterdoug wrote:
    Hosting365 and its file management system is working fine for me this weekend...

I think he's talking about the specific server that his site is hosted on rather than their sites in general. I'm looking to move a very large site from an American hosting provider to an Irish one and was looking at the dedicated server options from H365 so I'd be interested to hear hear what the weekend service is generally like as this would be very important to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PipeDreams

I've emailed 3 times and phoned to NO avail, as a person with a professional 2003 plan I guess I'm NOT important enough. :mad:

I've contacted other Irish hosting companies and I can clearly see they do have weekend support..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 peterdoug

Serbian wrote:
    I think he's talking about the specific server that his site is hosted on rather than their sites in general.

I agree he started on that note, but he was also talking about their general service:

" I can't get any support off them as it seems they don't do weekend support, so all my phonecalls and emails are wasted, and yet my sites are still down..."

- and I think my point is valid, since I am getting excellent weekend support, from the most basic shared hosting available.

Incidentally I'm not here with my full name and I don't know those guys.
    I went through pretty well every Irish hoster before coming back here, mostly cause I prefer having someone I can deal with face-to face in case of problems.
    I saw on a comparison chart that Hosting365 was the fastest growing one, and my initial contacts via their online support was positive.
    Ironically, I have still never talked to any of them though :)

and I think my point is valid, since I am getting excellent weekend support, from the most basic shared hosting available

At this moment in time I find that hard to believe :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

What emails? The tickets queues are monitored round the clock, as are the servers, and dedicated / colo customers get 24/7 phone support direct to the engineers. Give me the ticket number pipedreams and I can check things out for you?

( We do not provide weekend phone support for shared, so you've probably been leaving voicemails there which wont be checked until Monday )

tracking number - ID:CHJ-81892-179
    We do not provide weekend phone support for shared

It saddens me to hear this, and after at least 3 years with you, its the first time I've become aware of that...

Hi pipedreams, as per the forum rules, this isn't the place for tech support on your account. I have your ticket, which was auto-assign to the MS engineering team and will reply directly. We've never offered phone support at the weekends or outside office hours for shared hosting.

• Advertisement

I'm well aware that this may not be the place, but what choice did I have????

I suppose its fair enough that you don't provide support for shared hosting at the weekend for the likes of someone who can't figure out their email!

BUT what about major outage problems like what happened this weekend?
    i.e.
    no space left on the c drive on your win1 server

Anyway it seems to be fixed now Its so you do have my thanks ;)

Hi pipedreams, the core of the issue lay in replying to the same ticket, had you raised a new ticket instead, it would have gone into the general queue and been responded to by on-duty staff. My apologies for the hassle of this, I've modified our monitoring systems to trap this one in future and will be doing a full shared hosting monitoring audit in the morning with the engineering team.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

If you use Nagios to monitor your servers there's a handy plugin called NSclient that you can use to monitor disk space. You can get it to text your phone when the space on the disk gets below a certain threshold too.

Hi Ro2

Just to conclude this one, we were monitoring diskspace, but not the temp partition, this oversight has been rectified and I've been chatting directly to pipedreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

LAST WARNING TO ALL:

Anyone caught using this forum as a supposrt interface for hosting365 or in fact any hosting company will result in the original post being banned forever and the thread deleted.

You have all been warned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement