Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gigs This Summer

• 17-07-2005 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

After Oxegen, I've realised I've little to look forward to this summer music-wise. Know of any decent rock/metal gigs this summer? I'd kill to see Ozzfest, but I've an open mind so hit me with all you've got.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Bulls On Parade are playing the Temple Bar Music Centre on Thursday 28th July. Seriously recommend these guys if you like Rage Against The Machine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

This for real? I'd be skeptical about seeing tribute bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

gigs im planning on go to:
    bulls on parade 28th july tbmc
    marky ramone 11th august voodoo
    terry bozzio 18th august tbmc
    pixies 23rd august lansdowne rd.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

acri wrote:
    for real? yes lol
    im goin but i like live nearby and i really wanna see dawn.i posted in rock/metal to see if the bands are good and they got a v good response so ill be going along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

acri wrote:

Of course it's for real! Erin Maiden and Metallitia are the two best Metal tributes in this country. Trust me, they're not to be missed! Anyway, there's 11 other bands (inc the BOTB) playing their own material for the person who doesn't dig tributes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Sounds worth checking out. Know of any bands like 36 Crazyfists or Atreyu or even Taking Back Sunday? Something in that vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

I've never heard of those bands. Err, sorry.

heard of the first two,dont know what they sound like....the bands that are playing are described on the website and the thread in rock/metal

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Black Sun ( Really Really Heavy Doom/death From Scotland)
    Slomatics (feedback Worshipping Sludgers)
    Summer Disease (punk-metal Fusion With Members Of Fulcrum And The Boy You Hit Is Dead..... Mental)

Richardsons Bar, Galway Thursday 21st July 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Toast

Reading and Leeds will probably put more tickets on sale if you dont mind traveling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

o2 party in the park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

well theres always local gigs, but the only big gig i'm going to is maiden in august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

oh class. forgot all about maiden. gotta get me a ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭nevisgod

tickets are pretty pricey at 65 euro for maiden. manson supporting should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

i got a discount of em in soundceller, maiden will be class, its a pity really theres no good support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

4 day budrising ticket for sale here, finish the summer on a high!! ;)

Pixies + Kings of Leon + Teenage Fanclub @ Lansdowne Road 23rd August
    Scissor Sister + Franz Ferdinand + Maroon5 @ Lansdowne Rd 24th August
    Chemical Brothers + Sonic Youth @ Marlay Park 19th August
    Basement Jaxx + Underworld + Mylo @ Marlay Park 20th August

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3067449#post3067449

Advertisement