Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Patch Failed" - solutions

Options
  • 17-07-2005 8:33pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if any of you have been having the same kind of problems I have with the new patch but I found solutions here. Might save some of you from tearing out any more hair.

Look for Leki's post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OK, this way worked for me, so I'll post it up:

Execute Patcher, Choose language, wait for welcome screen, don't hit continue.

go to your documents folder and to this location:

c:\documents\YOUR USERNAME\local settings\temp

and look for a folder which looks like {BLAH....} lots of numbers and chars. Go into that folder structure and copy the files in it (e.g. patch.exe, all the files) to a folder where you can execute them (e.g. create a dir named C:\temp)

then open a commandpromt (type "cmd" in run/execute at startmenu) and go to your new created folder with the patchdata. Execute the with the following line (edit to your installfolder location of course):

patch.exe "c:\FolderWhereBF 2Is"
    A few small changes, tho:

When you're looking for a folder, search temp for a "patch.exe", for thats in the directory that you need.
    Files that are in the directory:
    _IsRes.dll
    default.pal
    FontData.ini
    isrt.dll
    license.rtf
    patch.exe
    PATCH.RTD
    PATCH.RTP
    patchw32.dll
    setup.inx
    StringTable-0009-English.ips

=-=

I executed the following to get it to work:
    patch.exe "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"
    from within the directory that it was in.

So, for example, if you copied the files to a folder called "00" on the "c" drive, once you get into the command prompt
    start > run > cmd > ok
    in windows 2000, same with XP, me thinks you then goto the "00" directory by typing:
    cd\00
    and then running
    patch.exe "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"

and it should work for you then. Good luck, and thanks Maximilian for pointing me in the right direction :hugz:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I've heard 2 people having this problem. The problem was that they didn't have 1.9gb free on their HDD. Once they cleared the space it installed fine.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Heard that as well but if you use the cmd line method it deletes old files as it goes along. I ran it without a problem with about 1.5gb free.

Oh and syco - you're welcome - wasted too much of my Sunday trying to get the bloody thing working properly, I'd hate the same to happen to someone else. Bloody EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']I've heard 2 people having this problem. The problem was that they didn't have 1.9gb free on their HDD. Once they cleared the space it installed fine.
    The thing is... I had 2.2GB free... But it worked manually:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hmm....I got this game yesterday. I've got over 100 gigs free, and the instructions on doing whatever needs to be done are gobbledeegook to me
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I take it you got the patch failed message too; you didn't say what the problem was. What bit are you having problems understanding?

Advertisement