Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Direct Debited 96 Euro by ESAT for not returning Modem. Any Help?

• 17-07-2005 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

I got a free Esat trial in my home, but moved to an apt before the trial ended and got another free trial at that adrs. HOWEVER I used the same Bank A/C for both.

I cancelled both by email.
    I gather they emailed me telling me to return the quote unquote "modem" to an adrs in Walkinstown. However ESAT wrote the word "SPAM" in front of both emails... as a side question... whats that about?

(2 months after that) I was just recently Direct Debited for 96 Euro and before I unleash upon them, Im looking to know!

1. What is this for, is it for 1 or Both modems? I called my bank and blocked any further Esat Direct Debits, just in case it was for the one modem?

2. I read in another thread that by law they should have given me 14 days notice in writing that they were about to invoice me...do I have any grounds here?

3. Does anyone have any experiences of geiing their money back... lines to take etc?

Thanks,
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Ah, good ol BT customer care! :D

I went through much the same as you - I finished a trial last February, and returned the modem personally to an address out near to Kylemore. Going on advice I heard, I cancelled all my direct debits immediately, but to this date I get angry threatening emails and letters demanding I pay them six months broadband sub and then when I tell them I cancel demanding I return the modem!

I'd get onto BT and just make a stink until they refund you the money and CANCEL ALL DDs WITH THEM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

I just remembered I still have the wireless router Eircom sent out to me after I cancelled my order for BB! Are they gonna charge me for this? It's been about 3-4 weeks I think.. better send it back soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

'in writing' never means email by the way, if they want to worm out of it, and its not your fault that there message was tagged as spam, however they justify it.

So yes, while you should return the modem according to their contract, all charges to be made via direct debit should be notified to you ( notified is deemed as 3 days after date of postage ) at least 14 days prior to the due date, so failing this, they better refund that money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Paulobrien

Thanks,

Did u sign anything.....when u returned the modem... and has anyone out there got a similar experience as my (first post) and got their money back?

NB, The Message was NOT tagged as SPAM .... ESAT ACTUALLY put SPAM in the SUBJECT message???????

Thanks

Paul

Advertisement