Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it healthy for a band want to emulate Metallica as badly as Trivium do?

Options
  • 17-07-2005 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

i was reading an interview with them in kerrang(only bought it because it was the only thing i could get at the airport)and every single one of the band members had a metallica album as their favorite album ever.they also said we want to be the next metallica.i am not suggesting that they only listen to metallica but it doesnt seem as if that would bode well that they are all so into the one band.i dunno really how to put my point across but i can just not really understand how they all think master of puppets or and justice are the best thing's ever.
    i dont really like them that much either i find it very hard to listen to any newer metal bands these days.give me arise or among the living anyday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

dimerocks wrote:
    i dont really like them that much either i find it very hard to listen to any newer metal bands these days.give me arise or among the living anyday.

Yeah, well they're certainly no Morbid Angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Yeah, well they're certainly no Morbid Angel.

ha, i think you've grown an unhealthy attachment to them at this stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

dimerocks wrote:
    i was reading an interview with them in kerrang(only bought it because it was the only thing i could get at the airport)and every single one of the band members had a metallica album as their favorite album ever.they also said we want to be the next metallica.i am not suggesting that they only listen to metallica but it doesnt seem as if that would bode well that they are all so into the one band.i dunno really how to put my point across but i can just not really understand how they all think master of puppets or and justice are the best thing's ever.

I looked at that. Then I looked at your username. Then went :rolleyes:

Who gives a sh*t what band they all like. Who also give a flying f*ck if everyone of them also happens to like Metallica. Or Morbid Angel. Or Pantera. Or any number of a hundred and one other combinations of bands.

Perhaps they can't understand why you don't think master of puppets or and justice for all are the best things ever. Or why you think insert-album-name by Pantera is the best thing ever (I'm going by your username here ... ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

maybe we're all wrong
    look at how great metallica became..why wouldnt a band with that much confidence want to be the biggest band in the world(if they couldnt play then it would be okay to laugh at them)
    but..then again..maye they're taking it too far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

dimerocks wrote:

Out of curiosity, do you like Metallica?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

yes i do like metallica and yes it is a dimebag name so i'd go great southern being my favorite pantera album.i dont think i conveyed what i meant that well to be honest but it's just that sure its grand to like a band and all but they all love metallica!there poor minds may have been warped by the press to believe that metallica are the best thing ever seen in metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Every new band is called the new metallica by a magazine or are quoted as saying it.
    shadows fall,killswitch engage,Bullet for my Valentine,Trivium etc.
    Its the "IN" thing in metal.
    Except Chimaira,Who were called the new Slayer by Kerry King :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Beekay wrote:
    Every new band is called the new metallica by a magazine or are quoted as saying it.
    shadows fall,killswitch engage,Bullet for my Valentine,Trivium etc.
    Its the "IN" thing in metal.
    Except Chimaira,Who were called the new Slayer by Kerry King :D

dont forget lamb of god theve also been called the new slayer, i personally think chimera fit it better.O yea while im here can i get one thing straight chimera started the metal moses thing, not lamb of god.

Ultimate new wave of american metal tour:lamb of god,chimera,shadows fall,killswitch engage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Patricide wrote:

Ultimate new wave of american metal tour:lamb of god,chimera,shadows fall,killswitch engage

i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

There pretty good after you hear them a bit imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement