Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who knows about javascript

Options
  • 17-07-2005 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Hey all

It'd be great if someone could help. I have a javascript for CascadedDropdown Menu . The only prob with it is that it puts every link into the parent page .

I want to be able to lunch links in new windows .

http://ozeire.com/menu.txt

The part i'm dealing with is

// This is a vertical menu positioned 0px across and 22px down from its trigger, and is 80px wide.
    startMenu('mGet', true, 0, 22, 80, subM);
    // The URLs are set to # here, be sure to replace them with your path/file names or JS functions!
    // Also note how all the types are '', indicating these links open in the current frame.
    addItem('Visas', '../home/gethere.html', '');
    addItem('Banking', '../home/banking.html', '');
    addItem('Taxation', '../home/tax.html', '');
    addItem('Flights / Travel', '../home/flight.html', '', subM, 38);

Thanks in advance

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

For future reference - this is javascript, not Java. They are two completely diffetent things.

Locate
    window.navigate(cmd)
    in your document. window.navigate() is a deprecated command for IE.

Change this line to
    window.open(cmd, "newWin")

Let me know if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

seamus wrote:
    They are two completely diffetent things.
    For now... Muh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Done that and still doesn't seem to be working .

I want some of the links to open in the parent window and some open in new windows .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The script would seem to be set up to only open the links one way. You would need to edit the script to allow you to set the type of window for each link. I.e. you would need to edit the addItem() function to take four paremeters instead of three.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

in your AddItem() thing there is a empty ''at the end of each. Taking another value so try entering _blank inside these marks. eg:
    addItem('Taxation', '../home/tax.html', '_blank');

Pure guess tbh. I'm not the best with Javascript

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Again guessing but this is probably creating onclick events that set the document.location value which will not open in a new window. You can verify this by looking at the rendered script in the resulting html page. You might be better finding a menu that actually creates anchor links (<a href="etc.)

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Its ok i got it to work

addItem('6 & 12 Month Holiday Visas', 'window.open("http://www.insideoutdownunder.com")', 'js:', subM, 38);

Thanks all for your help

Advertisement