Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Announce Free ISDN Connection and reconnection aug 8th - oct 21st

• 17-07-2005 10:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

This takes the form of an upgrade to your analogue line. It is frequently a very good way to get Eircom out to test and clean up your line if you keep failing for BB and are closeish to an exchange .

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I wonder if they'll offer free ISDN Disconnection also! I'm moving to a hopefully BB enabled house in Letterkenny, so I'll need to have ISDN disconnected/disabled (or whatever the proper terminology is).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Wow, thanks.

Would you be so kind as to try making a reply to my new thread on the subject?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Is the speed of ISDN guaranteed? Or is it just like the lack of FIA speed on POTS?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

yes, its 64k or nothing, therefore its easier to get engineers out to fix if it goes wrong unlike the constantly variable Irish analogue line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Ok cool, I'll get on to those folks in Dalkey who can't even get 4kbps on their phone lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Isn't this stuff obsolete with the supposed Amber Programme? I don't know if there's any evidence of its existence, mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I've a largish thread here where I'm having trouble getting BB in Clonee, How will this effect me if I get the dreaded FAIL? Are the gained speeds much above the regualr 56K I have atm...?

Cheers in Advance...

Advertisement