Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NetGear 100 mbit switch, only 10 uplink ?

• 15-08-2001 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

I've got a NetGear 10/100 16 port switch connected via it's uplink port to a 10/100 3com superstack II hub.

Problem is, the switch uplink is only running at 10mb. Which isn't good really.

And obviously enough, these things aren't in the slightest bit configurable. Anything I can do at all at all ?

Gav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

Ack, I've just realized that <Esc> resets everything you typed into this box on IE...
    Poo on you IE Poo!

Now to remember what I typed... hrm...

I suppose you have already tried another patch between them...
    You could try making up a crossover cable and connecting them
    using that without using the uplink port.

Not sure if that will work, but no harm in trying.

Actually, how do you know that they are only connecting at 10M
    if they are dumb hubs/switches ??

[This message has been edited by moist (edited 17-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

The little lights smile.gif the 3com is orange.. and the netgear only has 1 of it's 2 little green lights...

I was thinking about just using a crossover cable alright, but getting access to the 3com is awkward.. but actually i have another one i can test on easily enough. will try that.

Gav

Advertisement