Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student accommodation '05-'06 UCD-How To?

Options
  • 18-07-2005 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Right, I'm going into third year and you'd think i'd know how to find somewhere to live.. but i can't. Where does everyone else find them?? I've lived for two years on campus in UCD which i didn't get this year and now i've no idea how to get accommodation.

Any help? Please. :confused:

ps. sep-june. bout €85 weekly/bout €400 monthly.. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

rent a house in clonskeagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭James_sb

Yes, wouldn't mind doing that. Clonskeagh, Fosters ave., Roebuck hill, windy Arbour, stillorgan dual carrigeway.. anywhere around UCD really. How though? I'm in Carlow so it's hard for me to check local papers.. Is there another way? I was recommend to go to Daft.ie but that has nothing on it at the moment. Any other sites? Papers? Offices to go to to get lists? How to I find the availabilities?

Any help's appreciated. Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

James_sb wrote:
    Right, I'm going into third year and you'd think i'd know how to find somewhere to live.. but i can't. Where does everyone else find them?? I've lived for two years on campus in UCD which i didn't get this year and now i've no idea how to get accommodation.

Any help? Please. :confused:

ps. sep-june. bout €85 weekly/bout €400 monthly.. :o
    hmm get a paper that advertises accom(galway advertiser for me,i assume there is likewise in dub) and ring ppl then go to the place, look at it and decide.repeat.
    www.daft.ie or www.let.ie either and your college website oh and the papers website too so ya dont have to buy it and you can see them all :P

ive been ringing ppl all day to try and get accom...its quite hard so im going to visit galway for 2 days(tomorrow and nxt day) and try my luck,if you live in dub then it should be quite easy for you.you are paying way more than i am willing too :eek:

Thought you had to pay subscription to read newspapers on-line.?.. I'll check it out. Cheers! College website is proving useless.

It's around UCD though so i'd consider that an average price. Was paying bout 85 weekly on campus. worked out about €3300 for year so..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

from what i see in galway the average is like 800pm lol
    ill go for like 60-70 though thank you very much :)
    i assume things in dublin are quite expensive.
    by newspaper i meant the accomodation papers check those out

• Advertisement

I just thought of another question that I need answered but may seem stupid. When a house is listed as €2000 monthly rent but says it has 3 single (with 3 bed spaces) and 2 double rooms (with 2 bed spaces). Does that mean you have to pay €400 each? Or does it mean that you take the place and you've to find the other 4 people or you've to pay the full amount? It's just the little ambiguities that get ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

James_sb wrote:
    I just thought of another question that I need answered but may seem stupid. When a house is listed as €2000 monthly rent but says it has 3 single (with 3 bed spaces) and 2 double rooms (with 2 bed spaces). Does that mean you have to pay €400 each? Or does it mean that you take the place and you've to find the other 4 people or you've to pay the full amount? It's just the little ambiguities that get ya..
    The landlord wants the €2,000 and doesn't particularly mind how it is split, once it is consistently paid.

I have some rules for tenants to agree how to split the rent.

Victor wrote:

I have some rules for tenants to agree how to split the rent.

Well i'm not really that far along yet, but if you've them posted in another thread I'll check them out. Will probably prove useful later on alright.

Cheers for the help!

Though it involves going to Dublin.
    Try the noticeboards in Tesco merrion or Dundrum.

stuoid accom ...so damn hard to find...new reason today when i called....are ye both irish,'yes'.two lads is it? 'no a guy and a girl' sry can't help.
    omg i find stuff like that sooo stupid...ah off to look for more i suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Student Union, college student accommodation office?

Victor wrote:
    Student Union, college student accommodation office?
    i believe i've tried there lol :)
    another day of fruitless searching begins...if anybody has a cool 2 person apartment (that accepts up to two sexes :P ) in galway city centre you let me know :rolleyes:

Advertisement