Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds youngest Microsoft Certified Professional

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

yeah, he's right up there with Mozart n stuff Duh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Gilgamesh wrote:
    yeah, he's right up there with Mozart n stuff Duh!

Evidently so are you :rolleyes:... Arfa is a girls name.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

NotMe wrote:

Now that's impressive.

How much work is involved in getting that exam? Manager brain-think would be "If a 10 year old can do this stuff we are paying these guys too much".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hobbes wrote:
    How much work is involved in getting that exam? Manager brain-think would be "If a 10 year old can do this stuff we are paying these guys too much".

Well, which exam did she do? There are many courses and all give the same result: "MCP".

I wont give my view on the MCP (since I have an mcp, my view isn't flattering and my boss also uses boards.ie ;) )

Don't get me wrong, what she has done is impressive given her age and the speed at which she's progressed, and kudos to her for it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

^^
    Her programming experience so far has been as part of her studies. She has created basic Windows applications, such as a calculator and a sorting program, primarily in the C# programming language. The certification she received was as a Microsoft Certified Application Developer. She says she plans to pursue a more advanced certification, as a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, which involves building programs into a broader system for a business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hobbes wrote:
    As Lemming says, it depends on the exam. Some are a piece of piss, others can be quite challenging, theory-wise. At the end, they all give you an MCP unless you've done enough to get an MCSA (for example).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah unfortunately memorizing Brain Dumps passes most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

NotMe wrote:
    Arfa (10), a promising software programmer from Faisalabad, Pakistan, is believed to be the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional in the world.
    Wonder what age she'll be when she writes her first worm :D
    I say fair play to the kid, ahhh :)

causal
    "Daddy daddy, I've just hacked the Pentagon - I uploaded your picture on the page of the 10 most wanted"
    "OK, Arfa, ok. I'll let you watch The Simpsons. Just take down the picture" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Ivan Dunaev

well, check this out too: http://www.newtechusa.com/ppi/talent.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Didn't those same guys write Shakespeares complete works - or maybe they need more time ;)
    And their cousin made president: http://www.bushorchimp.com/ :D
    As the saying goes: If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

causal
    (apolagies for the OT post)

• Advertisement
Advertisement