Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrollbar colour in Dreamweaver MX SHOCKER!

Options
  • 18-07-2005 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm finishing up a site and have a frameset within a framset. I wanna change the colour of the scrollbar for the 'inner set' to reflect the colour scheme of the site. I know it's just a matter of dumping code under the head tag, and adding your chosen colour refs, but for some reason it's not working...! I'm using Dreamweaver MX 2004 - Can it be done within dreamweaver or do I have to add code to a shed load of individual pages?!

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Use an external Cascading Style Sheet, and then call the sheet from each page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

seamus wrote:
    Use an external Cascading Style Sheet, and then call the sheet from each page.

Apologies, but sorta tought myself Dreamweaver, farthest thing from a pro - Cascading what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Heh.

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a method of formatting HTML (and XML) documents. It's possible to write an entire page of HTML, unformatted and with no layout, and then use CSS to format it the way you want. It's also possible to write a plain HTML page and then have multiple CSS sheets, and allow the user to choose which one to use - this is how boards.ie's different themes work.

If you're coding HTML, I don't think it's possible to get very far without knowing CSS. Check out www.w3cschools.org for more info and short tutorials.

seamus wrote:
    Heh.

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a method of formatting HTML (and XML) documents. It's possible to write an entire page of HTML, unformatted and with no layout, and then use CSS to format it the way you want. It's also possible to write a plain HTML page and then have multiple CSS sheets, and allow the user to choose which one to use - this is how boards.ie's different themes work.

If you're coding HTML, I don't think it's possible to get very far without knowing CSS. Check out www.w3cschools.org for more info and short tutorials.

Cheers - I got it working before, by adding prewritten html code below the body tag - Worked fine, can I still do this? If so, how many pages do I add this code to? there are three in the frameset.

Sorry to be a nuisance, It'd make the world of difference if I could get this sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Formatting the scrollbar only works in IE so make sure you are viewing it IE firstly. There's a tutorial here about formatting inline frame scrollbars, so hopefully it will be a bit of help to you.

• Advertisement

Serbian wrote:
    Formatting the scrollbar only works in IE so make sure you are viewing it IE firstly. There's a tutorial here about formatting inline frame scrollbars, so hopefully it will be a bit of help to you.

Cheers Mate

Advertisement