Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anastacia @ Marley.... what the heck was that like?

• 18-07-2005 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering.... not a fan or anything (I sware!).
    I live in Dundrum, and could hear it outside.
    I also heard (from a very reliable source working at the gig) that they'd only sold around 5,000 tickets.
    Was there many there for Tony Christie?
    What was the atmophere like?

I'm sure there was lots of boyfriends / husbands dragged to this one that can tell all..... :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

whiskeyman wrote:
    Just wondering.... not a fan or anything (I sware!).
    I live in Dundrum, and could hear it outside.
    I also heard (from a very reliable source working at the gig) that they'd only sold around 5,000 tickets.
    Was there many there for Tony Christie?
    What was the atmophere like?

I'm sure there was lots of boyfriends / husbands dragged to this one that can tell all..... :)

That was one concert i would never go to. Even if you flew me there by helicopter and free food and drink for the night i would rather have a fight with a pitbull :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I was working at it, was about 7000 people there I'd say (although I'd imagine a lot of them were on free tickets). Was an incredibly well behaved crowd, we pretty much had no trouble at all (certainly nothing compared to the Oasis crowd the previous night). Tony Christie was awful though, I really really just wanted a pair of ear muffs or a shotgun! Anastacia was a very good entertainer and has a good singing voice, but I don't think she has good songs which is letting her down a bit. She really got the crowd going though, seemed like quite a nice person too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

blondie83 wrote:
    I was working at it, was about 7000 people there I'd say (although I'd imagine a lot of them were on free tickets). Was an incredibly well behaved crowd, we pretty much had no trouble at all (certainly nothing compared to the Oasis crowd the previous night). Tony Bennet was awful though, I really really just wanted a pair of ear muffs or a shotgun! Anastacia was a very good entertainer and has a good singing voice, but I don't think she has good songs which is letting her down a bit. She really got the crowd going though, seemed like quite a nice person too :)

Tony Bennet would never associate himself with that grade of ****e music.The Tony you speak of is Christie.****emonger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Anastacia has some good songs I think, Left Outside Alone is beautiful, I wouldn't go to see her in concert but I think she's okay.

Mongo wrote:
    Tony Bennet would never associate himself with that grade of ****e music.The Tony you speak of is Christie.****emonger
    Ah yes, my mistake and duly edited!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭bullock

Who do you work for Blondie??

Eventguard - the people who dress in black!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭bullock

i know of them. What part were you working in??

Advertisement