Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win back calls from Eircom

Options
  • 18-07-2005 10:01am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just curious about what can be done in this situation,

My parents are retired and a few months back they moved their phone service to Smart Telecom...now because their retired they get free line rental.

Yesterday my mother explained that Eircom have phoned alot trying to get them to move back to them, the funny thing is one of eircoms reasons for moving back is cheaper line rental which doesn't matter to my parents as its free anyway :D

Is their anything my parents can do to basically tell eircom to F off and stop calling them for good.

Also I've heard that if you move to another Telco Eircom have to wait a number of weeks/months before they can call you for a win back is this true?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

All they have to do is ask them to remove their details from Eircom's marketing database, Eircom are legally required to do so. They should keep a record of the date they requested removal, if they get any further calls after 40 days have passed, Eircom will be breaking the law. See this site for more detail:

http://www.dataprivacy.ie/

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Thats a handy piece of info to know- I am pestered by Eircom win back team about once every 3 months or so. Lately we've been receiving frequent cold calls from other telcos seeking our business. That NDD should stop them as well.

Dahamsta, Sorry for hijacking your thread btw :cool:
    dahamsta wrote:
    All they have to do is ask them to remove their details from Eircom's marketing database, Eircom are legally required to do so. They should keep a record of the date they requested removal, if they get any further calls after 40 days have passed, Eircom will be breaking the law. See this site for more detail:

http://www.dataprivacy.ie/

adam

Advertisement