Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[July 15-17] Fermoy Rifle Club International Match (& A big well done to Fermoy RC)

• 11-07-2005 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Fermoy Rifle Club
    1st International Competition

15th-16th-17th July 2005

Fermoy Rifle Club

Ballydague, Ballyhooly, Co. Cork, Ireland.

Teams are expected from the following countries:
    • Republic Of Ireland
    • Northern Ireland
    • United Kingdom
    • Isle of Man
    (open to other countries also)

Shooting Disciplines:
    • .220ins Gallery Rifle (Semi Auto)
    • .220ins Gallery Rifle (Bolt Action)
    • Smallbore Silhouette.
    • Benchrest at 50 mtrs
    • Prone 50 metre
    • Pistol .220ins calibre only. (Subject to satisfying legal requirements locally.)

Is your Club interested in competing in any or all of the above events ?
    Prizes for individual and teams.

Do you have shooting contacts abroad who would like a visit to Fermoy and compete against the best? If so get on the phone and ask them to join us. The more the merrier. Please do not forget that all non residents must have a permit to bring their firearms to Ireland.

As regards pistols FRC are trying to arrange for an authorisation to be issued for specific .220ins pistols to cover use by non licensed holders over the weekend. If you would be willing to have your pistol covered by authorisation please contact FRC.

For further information please contact Fermoy Rifle Club at fermoyrifleclub@eircom.net

Also, please download and read the following two documents:
    NASRC International.doc
    Poster.doc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

Hello All,
    I would just like to say a big well done to Fermoy Rifle Club on their,
    1st International shoot this weekend,they were blessed with great weather, and everyone seemed to have a really good time.

The Range is a credit to all the hard work of the committee and the members.

Also the ladys and gentlemen that provided, food and refreshments are to be commended also for a job well done.

The visiting shooters from the Isle of Man and the UK, were very helpful to all that attended, many thanks to them.

Special thanks to Kieran, Pat and all those members of Fermoy Rifle Club that worked so hard on the shooting range administration and organisation of the weekends events.

Everyone was made to feel very welcome,
    :D:D:D

Many thanks,

Dvs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

Dvs wrote:
    Hello All,
    I would just like to say a big well done to Fermoy Rifle Club on their,
    1st International shoot this weekend,they were blessed with great weather, and everyone seemed to have a really good time.

The Range is a credit to all the hard work of the committee and the members.

Also the ladys and gentlemen that provided, food and refreshments are to be commended also for a job well done.

The visiting shooters from the Isle of Man and the UK, were very helpful to all that attended, many thanks to them.

Special thanks to Kieran, Pat and all those members of Fermoy Rifle Club that worked so hard on the shooting range administration and organisation of the weekends events.

Everyone was made to feel very welcome,
    :D:D:D

Many thanks,

Dvs.

Here Here ,
    I was there today and have to say that the organisation that was put into this competition , hospitality , safety and general running of the event was greatly appreciated by everyone that attended. This is how competitions should be run and will take a lot to beat . Very well done to Keiran Barry and the lads in fermoy and thanks for a great day ! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MP

Ammoman wrote:
    Here Here ,
    I was there today and have to say that the organisation that was put into this competition , hospitality , safety and general running of the event was greatly appreciated by everyone that attended. This is how competitions should be run and will take a lot to beat . Very well done to Keiran Barry and the lads in fermoy and thanks for a great day ! :D:D:D:D
    Couldn't agree more lads, a big thank you to all involved,sponsors,committee,catering etc. etc. Looking forward to attending more of the same in Fermoy and also other venues. Cork has taken the lead it is now up to other, longer established clubs to follow this and try to improve on it. They will have a very hard act to follow. SUPERB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sounds like everyone had a great day, and even though I wasn't there, I'd like to add my congratulations to Fermoy Rifle Club too.

Just one thing Dvs, are you sure you used the right icon on your message???
    When I saw the 'Thumbs Down' icon, I was sure I was going to see something critical of the event. :confused:

Rovi wrote:
    Sounds like everyone had a great day, and even though I wasn't there, I'd like to add my congratulations to Fermoy Rifle Club too.

When I saw the 'Thumbs Down' icon, I was sure I was going to see something critical of the event. :confused:

Rovi , I saw that also , but I think that it would be very hard to critisise the day or organisers , Everything ran smoothly and the weekend was a great success.
    I think the Icon was just a mistake.... :D:D

• Advertisement

this has just been put up on the Leinster Rifle & Pistol Club site ;

Hi All ,

Just a short note to let you know that we put a team into the competition in fermoy yesterday , The competition and in general the way that the day / weekend was organised ,was and is a credit to the committee of Fermoy rifle Club . There were a number of diciplines shot yesterday , including .22 Benchrest 50m , .22 Gallery rifle , .22 Sils and .22 Multi Target Pistol competitions . The whole thing ran very smoothly and Safely , and there were teams from , city of Dublin Pistol Club , the Eagles Rifle Club , Kerry rifle Team , The Mill rifle Club , the British Gallery Rifle Team , The Isle Of Man club , and a number of other clubs from around the country . There was a bar b que at lunch time which went down a treat with everyone and even the neighbours were invited in . This will take a lot to beat , it was certainly one of the best organised competitions that I have attented , and I hope that we will hold a similar type of competition in the near future as soon as the range is ready . The team that entered the competition and The Leinster Rifle & Pistol Club would like to express our thanks to the Fermoy Rifle Club for giving us an excellent day and to the City of Dublin team for letting us use their pistols to compete , and the Eagles gun club team for lending us the .22 magazines for the gallery rifle Comp. If only this sort of co operation could exist among all the clubs , our sport would be all the more enjoyable

Thanks for the excellent days shooting .

Rod Wilson .

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

I would like to back up the earlier comments , I had 3 great days in fermoy , I got there early fri and left yesterday evening . It was was one of the best weekends I have put down in a long long time . It was great to see so many of the clubs competing and it would be fantastic to see more events like it . Also fingers crossed it would be great to see something like it in the future with centrefire events as well . Well done to Kieran , Pat ,Tom and co a great weekend ,Now all I have to worry about is convincing the super to give me rifle nr 5 a 10/22 to start shooting Gallery. The bug has bitten me .

:) Zed

Rovi wrote:

Hello Rovi,
    I did use the thumbs up when I posted the thread last night,
    and I made sure it was a thumbs up, because I usually do not use post icons .

However the thread is not the original one I started, it has been moved and somehow the icon changed from up to down.

I have edited my post and put it right.

Dvs.

Ammoman wrote:
    Here Here ,

There are photos on the Leinster Rifle & Pistol club web site , here is the link ,

http://groups.msn.com/TheLeinsterRi...snw?albumlist=2

:D:D

thanks for the direct link Rew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Gentlemen and Ladies,

On behalf of Fermoy Rifle Club I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your generous comments on our 1st International.

We had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed your company and hope to see you all again very soon.

To those of you who took part in the 50M BR, I was the contrary woman in the yellow jacket. ("Get off my concrete"), thank you for making my job so much easier with your co-operation on the day. :)

Regards
    Sharon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Any feedback from anyone that was at the Competition this weekend would be great. Our aim was to make everyone feel welcome and promote our sport and I hope we did.

Any positive or constructive criticism will be appreciated.
    If you feel that another event that we did not cover could be covered please specify.
    The Club Organizing Committee intend on traveling again within the next month to seek out new disciplines with a view to introducing same for another International.
    Likewise if you’re Club would like any information in setting up any of the new disciplines. Just make contact. We will come to you. Please help us to help the sport. Also think about the idea of rotating International Event yearly to other clubs.
    This weekend would not have been such a success without the attendance of the Shooting Community "You".
    Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ammoman wrote:
    There are photos on the Leinster Rifle & Pistol club web site , here is the link ,

http://groups.msn.com/TheLeinsterRi...snw?albumlist=2

:D:D

thanks for the direct link Rew

Bit of a cut and paste mistake there Ammoman (done it my self a few times)

Heres the direct link:
    http://groups.msn.com/TheLeinsterRiflePistolClub/fermoyjuly05.msnw?albumlist=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 666

Getting up at silly times in the middle of the night, driving far too many miles, sitting around at Cork airport for hours, eating and drinking too much, getting sunburn and not enough sleep.
    On the other hand, meeting the friendliest and most hospitable bunch of shooters you could wish to find, lots of shooting, learning new disciplines (it really isn't fair making the sils move back and forth with remote controls!), taking part in a PISTOL match (none of that over here!) and generally having fun all day and a lot of the night.
    In other words - a perfect weekend.
    Thanks to all the organisers, ROs, those who lent us their guns, ammo, other kit and hints and tips and the other shooters for their welcoming and sportsmanlike attitude.
    We are very glad that we were able to take part in the first of what we all hope will be many International shoots and look forward to welcoming you back to Bisley.
    A big thank you from the GB Phoenix Team.

666 wrote:
    Getting up at silly times in the middle of the night, driving far too many miles, sitting around at Cork airport for hours, eating and drinking too much, getting sunburn and not enough sleep.
    On the other hand, meeting the friendliest and most hospitable bunch of shooters you could wish to find, lots of shooting, learning new disciplines (it really isn't fair making the sils move back and forth with remote controls!), taking part in a PISTOL match (none of that over here!) and generally having fun all day and a lot of the night.
    In other words - a perfect weekend.
    Thanks to all the organisers, ROs, those who lent us their guns, ammo, other kit and hints and tips and the other shooters for their welcoming and sportsmanlike attitude.
    We are very glad that we were able to take part in the first of what we all hope will be many International shoots and look forward to welcoming you back to Bisley.
    A big thank you from the GB Phoenix Team.

It truly was a great event , when can we have another one ? :D

Anyone able to shed any light on when the results will be out for the fermoy shoot ?? :confused:

Hello All,
    I e-mailed Keiran to ask, he is compilng them at the moment and they will be available shortly, I have been told.

Dvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

I have to say we enjoyed Fermoy very much. Full marks to Kieran and the rest.
    It is now over two weeks since the shoot and still no results. Is this not becoming rediculous? It was after all an international competition and the results should have been available at the end of the shoot.

croppy , I agree , I didnt mind the first week or ten days but im sick of it now . it should not take this long to post results :(

Results of NASRC/ FRC International Competition.

15th - 17th July 2005
    Multi Target -Pistol
    Comp. No. Name Country Club Score
    110 John Walsh IRL Eagles 183
    181 Mick Power NITSA Fassaroe 182
    115 Chris Farr UK 177

Team Winners
    110 John Walsh IRL Eagles 183
    111 John Egan IRL Eagles 149
    108 Johnathan Petit de Mange IRL Eagles 100
    107 Patrick O Shea IRL Eagles 38
    Total; 470

Timed and Precision 1 - Pistol
    117 John Robinson UK 282
    110 John Walsh IRL Eagles 266
    160 Vincent White IRL FRC 262

Team Winners
    117 John Robinson UK 282
    115 Chris Farr UK 254
    116 John Lynch UK 238
    121 Andrew Jarman UK 207
    Total; 981

1500 Match
    117 John Robinson UK 1497 +118x
    121 Andrew Jarman UK 1463+70x
    120 Dave Harris UK 1463+68x

Team Winners
    117 John Robinson UK 1497 +118x
    120 Dave Harris UK 1463+68x
    121 Andrew Jarman UK 1463+70x
    118 Richard Schofield UK 1442+ 72x
    Total; 5865+328x

Multi Target Rifle
    117 John Robinson UK 236
    195 Mick Fitzpatrick IRL FRC 232
    120 Dave Harris UK 229

Team Winners
    117 John Robinson UK 236
    120 Dave Harris UK 229
    122 Peter Mitchell UK 229
    116 John Lynch UK 225
    Total; 919

Timed and Precision One - Rifle
    120 Dave Harris UK 297
    122 Peter Mitchell UK 297
    117 John Robinson UK 296

120 Dave Harris UK 297
    122 Peter Mitchell UK 297
    117 John Robinson UK 296
    121 Andrew Jarman UK 290
    Total; 1180

NASRC Gallery Rifle (Bolt Action) Part 1 & 2
    195 Mick Fitzpatrick IRL FRC 342
    180 Ray Cremin IRL FRC 300
    200 Dave Hayes IRL FRC 299

Team Winners
    136 Rod Wilson IRL LRPC 297
    134 Derek Talbot IRL LRPC 291
    137 David Wilson IRL LRPC 282
    135 Gary Talbot IRL LRPC 255
    Total 1125

50 metre Prone
    123 Kieran Barry IRL FRC 386
    178 Tom Ryan IRL FRC 383
    107 Patrick O Shea IRL Eagles 376

Team Winners
    123 Kieran Barry IRL FRC 386
    178 Tom Ryan IRL FRC 383
    172 Declan Murphy IRL FRC 368
    194 Denis Carroll IRL FRC 366
    Total; 1503

Classification Winners - First in Each Class
    111 John Egan IRL Eagles 374 AA
    182 Patsy Tyrell IRL CWTSC 375 A
    194 Denis Carroll IRL FRC 366 B
    106 John McKenna IRL FINGAL 357 C
    200 Hayes Dave IRL FRC 323 D

40 Shot Silhouette
    110 John Walsh IRL Eagles 34
    193 Sean McElwaine IRL Fassaroe 28
    107 Patrick O Shea IRL Eagles 24

Team Winners
    107 Patrick O Shea IRL Eagles 24
    109 John Scanlon IRL Eagles 11
    110 John Walsh IRL Eagles 34
    111 John Egan IRL Eagles 12
    Total 81

Classification Winners - First Place in Each Class
    110 John Walsh IRL Eagles 34 AAA
    181 Michael Power IRL NITSA 22 AA
    195 Mick Fitzpatrick IRL FRC 23 A
    180 Ray Cremin IRL FRC 13 B
    NB; Count Back on 180 & 149 who both had 13. 180 took place as had 4 Rams against 3
    for 149.

50 Metre Benchrest - Unlimited
    182 Patrick Tyrell IRL CWTSC 487
    183 John Milbourne IRL CWTSC 475
    184 Peter Freeman IRL CWTSC 471

Team Winners - Unlimited
    182 Patrick Tyrell IRL CWTSC 487
    183 John Milbourne IRL CWTSC 475
    184 Peter Freeman IRL CWTSC 471
    50 Metre Benchrest - Custom
    193 Sean McElwaine IRL FSC 472
    134 Derek Talbot IRL LRPC 462
    135 Gary Talbot IRL LRPC 454

Team Winners - Custom
    137 David Wilson IRL LRPC 419
    134 Derek Talbot IRL LRPC 462
    135 Gary Talbot IRL LRPC 454
    136 Rod Wilson IRL LRPC 438
    50 Metre Benchrest - Unmodified
    190 Tom Conachy IRL Fingal 448
    117 John Robinson UK 439
    170 Herlihy IRL FRC 439

Team Winners - Unmodified
    115 Chris Farr UK 435
    117 John Robinson UK 439
    118 Peter Schofield UK 329
    120 Dave Harris UK 432

you have to give the man a chance there were a lot of enteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

you have to give the man a chance there were a lot of enteries
    Points on both sides there - results for major matches are generally expected much sooner than two weeks later, but major matches also generally have much more help available to the organisers! It's the first time Fermoy's done this kind of thing, a fair dose of leeway is only fair guys. Next time, they'll have a much better idea of how many people they need to grab by the ears to help - and of course, next time everyone will know to register sooner and volunteer faster, right? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hi All,

You can see a full list of the results on the following page.

Well done to all who placed

http://homepage.eircom.net/~joecon/shoot

Shar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 666

When we had to start again in GB in 1997 it took a very long time before we could get to grips with organising major meetings with so many different events. (It is the variety of disciplines in the same meeting that causes a lot of the problems both for range officers, stats crew and the organisers.)

First of all, you have to find people daft enough to run it and then gather together a crew of range officers with at least some experience - we still have problems finding enough volunteers for all our open meetings. Then you have to get a database of shooters so you can get entry forms out, work out a method of squadding them, get your stats team to devise a workable system and make sure all the results and medals etc go out. We are in our ninth season under the new rules and we still get things wrong.

Fermoy are to be congratulated for making the effort to run the meeting at all - the rest will follow. We certainly had a great time.

We are very happy to let Kieran and his crew benefit from our mistakes and use our systems if they fit what you want to do.

GB Phoenix Team

Advertisement