Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Gray @ The Olympia (Sept 18th)

• 18-07-2005 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

Tickets for the September gig on sale this Friday 22nd July at 9am!

Tickets priced €43.50

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lordgoat wrote:
    yawn
    This.... from a Hoff fan?!

Puhhhlease! :D

given the choice of going to see david hasslehoff or david gray based on music alone there is only one winner, seriously hasn't he did of being boring already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

I dunno i like David Gray but i don't like him as much as €43.50 ready to be spent on anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is he touring a new album?
    Would be good to have it out before going to see him.
    Seen him lots of times during (and before) his heyday here.
    Didnt bother with the Point (awful venue) but thought his was great in Marley Park.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote:
    Is he touring a new album?
    Would be good to have it out before going to see him.
    Yeah.. according to MCD.ie:
    MCD.ie wrote:
    Gray releases his new album Life In Slow Motion through Atlantic/iht Records on September 12. The album will be preceded by the release of a single¸ 'The One I Love', on August 29.
    I've always been a fan of David Gray but never got the chance to see him. Still, €43.50 is a bit pricey!!

basquille wrote:
    I've always been a fan of David Gray but never got the chance to see him. Still, €43.50 is a bit pricey!!
    Oh, you gotta go so :)
    He really is good live... and Clune (drummer and mate) is nuts!
    Olympia is a perfect venue too.
    I guess the price is kinda dear for the Olympia, but it seems to be the trend.
    If there's a good support act, its going to be well worth the money.
    He has such a great pick of songs to play..... and he's long due a return to his adopted home (and will probably be given a huge welcome back).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

Yakes!
    I wouldnt go & see him even if you paid me!

Yakes!
    I wouldnt go & see him even if you paid me!
    bit of a waste of a post...
    Everyones taste in music differs. That's the joy of it all.
    I bet we dont think much of some of your tastes.... I'm not going to go posting about it though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

saw him at the point and thought he was great. very good entertainer even if you ignore the actual music. he's just fun to see.

and the music was great.

would like to see him somewhere more intimate like the olympia.

funnily enough me and the g/f were just saying how much we enjoyed him last time and that we'd love to see him again. guess i'll be booking my tickets on friday then!

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote:
    bit of a waste of a post...
    Everyones taste in music differs. That's the joy of it all.
    I bet we dont think much of some of your tastes.... I'm not going to go posting about it though :p

yes but sometimes it so bad you can't resist it, like a scab that ripe for the picking but your in public so you have to wait and check and make sure no one can see you pluck the dry knobbly goodness from your body and flick it away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Ray D'Arcy's just playing his new single now!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Got my tickets this morn, bit steep at 43 yoyos but isn't that the trend to sc8rw the customer in Ireland.

He as brilliant in Marley Park better than in the point TBH, that drummer dude he has with him is off his heed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Ill go, only if the Thrills are supporting him.

joejoem wrote:
    Ill go, only if the Thrills are supporting him.

that made me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've heard from a friend who works for a mag that he's going to be doing 3 or 4 dayes, so they'll be plenty more tickets if that's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

vibe666 wrote:
    i've heard from a friend who works for a mag that he's going to be doing 3 or 4 dayes, so they'll be plenty more tickets if that's true.

Unlikely unless its another venue as the Olympia is booked up on the days before the gig and he starts the UK leg the day after.

Advertisement