Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Power/Electric Shower?

Options
  • 18-07-2005 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Putting a completely new bathroom in, buying a double shower enclosure (1200 x 800). There is loads of different types of showers available, power/pumped/electric etc.. could someone recommend a shower unit that gives good power?

thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Putting a completely new bathroom in, buying a double shower enclosure (1200 x 800). There is loads of different types of showers available, power/pumped/electric etc.. could someone recommend a shower unit that gives good power?

thanks a lot!
    Mira is a good recommendation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Ditto. Our plumber swears by Mira.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Yeah I heard that too, Mira are supposed to be the best electric showers around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

our triton t90i has been going for 10 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

if you've got a big enough immersion cylinder and it's on a timer the best job is the power shower with pump pumping both hot and cold water to a thermostatic dial in the shower cubicle...but if say u come in from work and need to shower and theres no hot water go for either the mira elite2 or the triton t90si which are fed off the watertank in the attic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

djmarkus wrote:
    is the t90i a pumped shower?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Lex Luthor wrote:
    is the t90i a pumped shower?
    Nah, its a standard power shower , but it can be used in areas with low pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

delly wrote:
    Nah, its a standard power shower , but it can be used in areas with low pressure
    Actually it does have a pump in it
    Its not going to give you pumped performance while its heating the water though, great pressue when the dial is on cold.
    I think just get a pump for any "normal" non electric shower is the best way to go, thats what we did at home and its the business.
    Pumped/Power showers tend to give a trickle of scalding water in my experience.
    Nothing like the feeling from a pumped tank, though you will run through the hot water in no time if you are not careful!

<edit>
    I have a T90i for sale that we took out of our new house as we are redoing the whole place, looking for ~€170, they are €270 new.
    PWO just not in keeping with the health spa look "she" is going for... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

djmarkus wrote:

I know someone else that went through 3 of these though, and the dealer said that a few years ago the manufacturing place for Triton moved, and the newer ones were cheap ****e. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

The T90 has a pump in it (MUST be fed from tank), the T80 is ummmm pumpless (can be connected to a water main)

:D
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Anyone any experience of a mixer shower with a seperate pump? The triton T90 si is grand, but has no power in it.

A mixer shower/gravity fed shower with a pump would most likely be much more powerful no? Hard to install?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Anyone any experience of a mixer shower with a seperate pump? The triton T90 si is grand, but has no power in it.

A mixer shower/gravity fed shower with a pump would most likely be much more powerful no? Hard to install?
    Thats what we did, wasnt that difficult to do.
    We were on acorn pipes so that made the cutting/fitting easier
    but basically we hooked the pump up in the hotpress, intercepting the feed to the bath. (so the shower mixer and bath taps are all pumped now).

Advertisement