Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ice cream in Dublin

Options
  • 18-07-2005 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Where can I find the best ice cream store in Dublin (except Häagen- Dazs)?
    The ice cream I have tried yet was not very good because I don't like pure ice cream, i.e. I love, for instance, pieces of strawberry in my strawberry ice cream.
    I'm happy about every advice.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Hmmm...., Not really ice-cream but the Bad-Ass Cafè in Temple Bar does a mean banana milkshake!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ben and jerry's do lots of good ice creams. get them at most supermarkets now. the caramel chew chew is my personal favourite of the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Probably not what you are looking for, but the cones at Teddy's in Dun Laoghaire, across the road from the entrance to the east pier, are legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I believe Maud's is very good, details of their Irish locations:

http://www.mauds.co.uk/stores/ireland.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If it's just ice cream in a cone, the best one I've had so far has been in Super Mac's. It's not like the crap you get in McDonalds, it's a proper cone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

missy and mandys is pretty good, expensive though, you can get it in Listons on camden street i think. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

That Aussie ice cream place off Middle Abbey St

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Green & Blacks Organic Chocolate Ice Cream is very nice. I don't think their other varieties are quite as good. You can get it in Donnybrook Fair, I'm sure elsewhere also.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

I think it's called Boticelli's in Temple Bar. Really nice. Really nice girls working there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i agree. Teddy's rocks. not quite what you are looking for i know....

• Advertisement

That Aussie ice cream place off Middle Abbey St

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

eo980 wrote:
    If it's just ice cream in a cone, the best one I've had so far has been in Super Mac's. It's not like the crap you get in McDonalds, it's a proper cone.

Did you bring your magnafiing glass with you so you could find it :D:D LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elle barto

the best place iv had ice cream in dublin was originally at the back of aya (the sushi place off graftion street), but most recently its been "australian" near temple bar. mmm its so good. their milkshakes are great too....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Seconded.

thirded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

eddie rockets kitkat dream...beautiful....then again..any of eddies deserts...all good..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Anyone got a tip for a good large 99'?

All the 99's I get nowadays are tiny.... even the local ice cream van man makes tiny 99s for a whopping €1.50 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

My local centra in Navan make great 99's from and Angelito Ice cream machine they typically put 3-4 inches of ice cream on top of the cone and they can add a flavour syrup into the ice cream as it comes from the nozzel.

and it only costs €1.10

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

This might sound weird but Lidl have great icecream. The chocolate and strawberry flavours in the rectangle tub - big lumps of strawberry etc Really great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nessa-Rose

U shud go to teddies in bray to get the best 99..... its so good!!:p
    Funny question..... why are 99s called 99s??!! x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Flukey wrote:
    Probably not what you are looking for, but the cones at Teddy's in Dun Laoghaire, across the road from the entrance to the east pier, are legendary.

IMHO Teddy's is one of those places that should live on as part of your childhood memories, like long endless summers.

I went to Teddy's on a fine summers day last year and was very disappointed.:(

Not what it used to be...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Second both Botticelli's and LIDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Skitbra wrote: »
    I think it's called Boticelli's in Temple Bar. Really nice. Really nice girls working there too :)

Yeah, quality ice-cream. Without doubt the best in Dublin. I used to live in Temple Bar, so spent many a sunny afternoon lickin' the boticelli's ice-cream on the square. The hot girls serving the ice-cream helps :p
    Dyflin wrote: »
    IMHO Teddy's is one of those places that should live on as part of your childhood memories, like long endless summers.

I went to Teddy's on a fine summers day last year and was very disappointed.:(

Not what it used to be...

Have to agree with this. Heard a lot about this place. Was up there a month or so ago to have one of these legendary 99's.

One dollop of ice-cream. The thing was tiny...

Nothing like the legendary 99's that I used to get in MJ's Post Office in Trim, Co.Meath. Now that was a 99! And only 50p :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 plutonia

That shop in Rathmines serve the best 99s in Dublin...!
    Can`t beat a huge 99 with a big flake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Mauds pooh bear ice-cream doesn't taste like pooh or bear at all. Its actually quite nice.

Now, riddle me this;- why are 99's called 99's?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

WindSock wrote: »
    Now, riddle me this;- why are 99's called 99's?

Wikipedia is your friend

Well not really in this case, it's all pretty inconclusive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That Australian place on Middle Abbey St is now a Bagel Bar... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Zaph wrote: »
    Wikipedia is your friend

Well not really in this case, it's all pretty inconclusive

I thought the reason it was called the 99 was that Cadbury made the small flake especially for the icecream and the product code was 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubb

For fans of the real stuff, Murphys Ice Cream are opening
    an outlet in Powerscourt Townhouse Cafe this Friday -

InviteParty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Teddys FTW! But I have to say McDonalds do a mean soft ice cream too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 janine22

Hi there,

On the subject of ice-cream, I'm doing a completely unscientfic poll for a college assignment (repeat:mad:)to find out if there is anywhere you can actually buy a "99" for 99 cent. Does anyone know of such a place? On the flipside, what is the most you've been charged for a 99 and where? The most expensive I've come across so far is 4 euro!!

Advertisement