Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats best?

• 18-07-2005 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Just have two questions what is the best package at the moment for broadband? And how do i know if my line is compatible if the line is not connected yet i live in foster court galway? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Just have two questions what is the best package at the moment for broadband? And how do i know if my line is compatible if the line is not connected yet i live in foster court galway? Thanks

One answer, forget the rest Call NTL ! they are the best......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Billy Kovachy

Smart seem to have a nice offer.

Smart seem to have a nice offer.

Seem ;-)

have not seen any positive feedback on Boards so far!

Is it really that bad, any other choices in this free market of ours.

Is it really that bad, any other choices in this free market of ours.

Listen Bud, BB is a shambles in this celtic tiger nation of ours, make a list of the BB providers, call them and see which comes up trumps, I know it sounds frank, but thats what I had too do! Then see which one is the package for you! you will be very lucky to get 2 residential providers in your area!

Residential BB is a very sensitive technology (copper, coax and radio) imho!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice.Its amazing there is a MAN (Metropolian Area Network) on a T1 line or something ridiculous like that in Galway and no business is using it.They spent millions on it and cause major traffic problems when they where putting it down. Yet when someone whats braodband it depends on your exchange can cope, talk about resource mismanagement. Someone get me a councillor to kill even a green one will do.

Thanks for the advice.Its amazing there is a MAN (Metropolian Area Network) on a T1 line or something ridiculous like that in Galway and no business is using it.They spent millions on it and cause major traffic problems when they where putting it down. Yet when someone whats braodband it depends on your exchange can cope, talk about resource mismanagement. Someone get me a councillor to kill even a green one will do.

MAN = Fibre, and different technology ! unless you want fibre to the home and you've loads of money !!! :-) The MAN is tbh for business sector ! no residential proviers have taken it up!

Cool so its ntl,smart,eircom and IBB are the options not missing any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Drapper wrote:
    Seem ;-)

have not seen any positive feedback on Boards so far!

Very happy with Smart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement