Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to get the best price for my car?

Options
  • 18-07-2005 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

I thinking of changing my car,and importing one from the UK as per sticky above.

Its a 00 reg 1.4l opel astra, I'm in no rush to sell it quickly, I'd ather hold out and get the best price possible.

Which is the best way to do this? where should I advertise etc...

Last car I sold just put it in BuyandSell and evening hearld, sold it no problem as the price was good, this time round i'm in no rush to sell so i'll hold out for best price I can get. Should i advertise in something like car buyers guide??

Thanks

B2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It can be a bit difficult trying to sell a car privately this time of year as most people are either just back from holidays or just about to go, so a new motor may be the last thing on their minds. Might be best to wait until around the end of August or September when the holiday season is over. Selling it later in the year rather than at the begining of the year will mean that you will get less for it as it will loose around another €2k at the end of the year.

Incidently I know someone who sold a 99 Astra on Buy & Sell a couple of months ago. It was advertised for a good couple of weeks and eventually got €6k for it.

Advertisement