Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf2 on a lan (your experiances?)

Options
  • 18-07-2005 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Just wondering has anyone tried bf2 for a lan party yet? I'm having a small one (12-14 people) and looking for peoples experiances. From playing online I reckon the 16 player maps are ample and I was thinking of removing tanks and aircraft as I have find that can ruin some of the small maps. Also is it possible to put bots in (only if need be)? Also can you be squad leader and commander at the same time? There's only 2 guys familiar with commander mode and I'm sure they won't want to play it all night. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

ding

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Would play 32 maps! the 16 maps are too small and would end up just running into the middle and shooting like a mad man....need the bigger maps so u can hide and so on!!

Can only play as commander and then you rule over the different squads....if they dont want to play commander they can resign from the post and let some else can take over then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Played in a lan yesterday. We just had 7 players at one time. Was very good but i think i would leave the tanks and choppers in as its part of the game. I dont fly but its cool shooting them down :).

You can either be squad leader or commander but not both at the same time " one or the other ".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

dreams of a 64 player lan o the pings of 3-10 Heaven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Now that I'd like to see. OT I've been steering clear of the 64 player as it's just too laggy. On that front there's rumours going aroung that eircom have plans in the pipeline to increase the upload speeds so we can live in hope.

Were going for about 16 hrs of bf2 so I'll try a few options and go with whats working well I think. Think I'll leave TK's on as well. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I get lower pings to the TIG server than I do when playing on a lan. About 5-10 to TIG and normally 10+ on LAN :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

Had a lan the day after the game came out with about 12 players. Very good indeed, we played for 16 hours straight and never thought of changing to another game (which is saying something for us). Commander was used but it's a thankless job on a lan since you don't get a global score and with so few players. That said it makes a big difference to gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thanks for the comments. I got the win32 server so I'll have a mess with it tonight to see what combo's I can come up with. I asume you can save different scenarios etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Would I be right in saying that 64-player game ==> 2Gig ram required/advisable?

Advertisement