Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Scouts

• 18-07-2005 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

Alright you might think this is a pointless thread but I just started a game with West Ham and I was looking for new players. I've kind of been getting tired of getting the same players over and over again so i decided to go and look for new ones. But my problem seems to be my scouts, the players i've bought because of their recommendations have been crap. So does anyone know a good scout who'll actually find good players?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

ChumpStain wrote:
    Alright you might think this is a pointless thread but I just started a game with West Ham and I was looking for new players. I've kind of been getting tired of getting the same players over and over again so i decided to go and look for new ones. But my problem seems to be my scouts, the players i've bought because of their recommendations have been crap. So does anyone know a good scout who'll actually find good players?

Scouts have never really worked in any version of Championship Manager / Football Manager. I don't bother using them personally. You'd be better off asking for some player recommendations and checking out the ones you don't already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinneyboy

personal I use FM scout to look for young talent, some people might say it is cheating but as you can't trust the scouts in the game I don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah but FM Scout shows hidden attributes and other stuff you are not supposed to know so it kinda defeats the purpose of finding good players yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by "FM Scout"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's a programme that when you load your save game into it allows you to filter players in the database and see what their stats are and what price they can be sold for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

After months of buying the same players and using scouts that just can't seem to make a good decision its kind of disappointing that the scouting hasn't been improved. I knew people would probably say what they said. I've been playing these games since CM 99 and I just hope that the improve scouting. I think it makes it more realistic, scouts are the reason young players even get signed in real life. Ah well, thanks for the help anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

i found out not 2 listen 2 my scouts bout wat they recommend bout d players.

i just judge d players myself.

my advice 2 u is judge d players urself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Start a new game with randomised players, then you have to use your scouts because none of the big players exist.

Advertisement