Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibb in castleknock

• 18-07-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

im getting pings of 150-250 on counter strike source. i cant play like that and im thinking of moving. im on bt's 2mb/128kbps package.

[sarcasm]since i live in that rural country bog area called castleknock[/sarcasm] i cant get smart or ntl. is there anyone in castleknock/blanchardstown with irish broadbands 2mb up and down package (€48.40 a month)? what kind of pings do you get and are they steady? does that ariel look as bad as it sounds? is the company any good as a whole?

there's loads of threads on this but they're all ten pages long with 50% saying they're great and 50% saying the crap so they're no help. anyone with the final word on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

WE are in d15 and live right on top of the atrium mast at the shopping centre.
    It crap. We are getting pings like that and time outs and packet loss.
    We also can not get smart or ntl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The aerial looks grand... like a Sky Digital one or something (pop over and have a look ;) )

I was playing on the TIG BF2 server last night and pinging 10. Generally I ping between 18-25 to UK servers (195.242.237.17:14567 being the main one I play on).

IBB customer service is non-existent once you signup.

IBB have been a little dodgey the past week or two with some high ping evenings and slow webpage loading .. overall though they still still vastly superior over the RADSL I had before had and would actually still recommened them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

IBB are ok, when it works pings are as Ciaran said, however 11 months into a contract, and I not gonna stay with them ! #Up and Down too much ! imho, and read all the postive thread on Boards! When I wanna play is between 8 - 10 and latency kicks in !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nahgoe

Hate to hijack the thread here, but what are IBBs business packages like? We're based in fitzwilliam square, and we're thinking of getting the 3meg package. How do people find it?

We need a high upload speed, and IBB are the only ones i've found who will do anything like this. They say they have an SLA of 12 hours. Is this for resolving the problem? Do they stick to it?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

no idea m8, put a post in the main Broadband thread !

think we only know the resi packages here !

you will get lots of help and advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 nahgoe

Will do that. Apologies.

Thanks

Advertisement