Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vespa questions

Options
  • 18-07-2005 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im very interested in buying a 2nd hand vespa but to be honest dont really know how to go about it, been looking on the net but not much there so any help at all would b much appreciated, so if ya could tell me the price and yr that i should go for where is d best place to look & also insurance price. Please, thankx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

The Skooter Shop usually have a few ( I think that they are near the Jervis Centre) It depends what kind of Vespa you want - whether it is the old classic model, the newer ET2/Et4's or the brand new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

If you are going second hand Vespa get yourself down to the Vespa Store down the end of the quays, near the Law Library, can't think of the name right now , might be scooter island or something. They only deal with second hand vespa's and the guy in there is really bang on. They have a huge range of Vespa's and will give you the in's and out's of owning one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 slowmo

cheers much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

get yourself down to the Vespa Store down the end of the quays

Dead right - you'll probably want one with a disk brake at the front unless you are brave, or like the feeling that you not going to stop in time...

http://www.scooterisland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Ah Scooter Island,thats it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

The Skooter Store, Jervis street area, are no longer in business.

Try www.scooterisland.com, down the quays at the new bridge past Four Courts. They can sell u new or 2ndhand vespas (or cheaper indian copies called LML)

Prices start at about 1,200 euro for a 2nd-hand PX125. Try get one with a disk brake as opposed to older hub brake design (anything newer than about 1998 came fitted with a disk brake I think). They can come in 50, 80 125,150 & 200cc versions with the PX125 and PX200 being the most popular choices. PX200 aren't sold here or the UK NEW anymore but if u look around on buyandsell.ie or UK sites u can still find them.

Something else to consider: You can sit a full "A" motorbike licence on a PX200, not on a PX125. You can only do a "A1" licence on a PX125. If you want to ride bigwheelers more tham 125cc at any stage in the future you will have to go thru the full "A" test etc again. my advice get a 200cc...

Have a look at this Irish shop too:
    www.southsidescooters.com

A full tank of petrol in a Vespa PX will cost u about 5 euros (costs me this a week). They are very good on mileage.

cheers, Tomohawk

• Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Tomohawk wrote:
    You can sit a full "A" motorbike licence on a PX200, not on a PX125. You can only do a "A1" licence on a PX125. If you want to ride bigwheelers more tham 125cc at any stage in the future you will have to go thru the full "A" test etc again. my advice get a 200cc...
    Good point. It's a manual gearbox too so your licence won't be limited to automatics :)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Test for A licence changed on 1/1/2004 to include bikes over 125cc not the previous 150cc minimum that was required when I did my test.

See DrivingTest.ie

Advertisement