Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Eircom Account + I want smart

• 18-07-2005 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hey. I've recently moved into an apartment (renting) that's connected to the Coolock exchange, so smart broadband is available.

There is a phone connection (presumably eircom) in the flat.
    The smart online application form asks for an eircom a/c number etc which i don't have.

What's my best course of action to take? Is this going to be a bureaucratic nightmare because i don't have an eircom account?

Thought i'd ask here before i talk to some (potential) muppet on a helpline.

cheers..

davej

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I've just gone through all this. (Had eircom; cancelled eircom (as told to by smart); smart rang back needing eircom active acc number; got reconnected (for €24.99); gave new number to smart, got a headache) :/

You'll have to connect to eircom in order to have an active landline. Then smart will provide the broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you need to have an account with eircom for your line, if you do not, you need your landlord to ensure, and for them to sign up with smart LOL, then you can pay your landlord or whatever.

Advertisement