Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680: strange problem

• 18-07-2005 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

I'm over in england at the moment with my irish vodafone Nokia 6680. I'm recieving what i believe are advertising messages from the numbers 50140 and 87244.

Thing is the phone refuses to open these messages and just seems to crash back to the standby screen when i try to do anything to the messages.

I can't open them or delete them or get any options on them as the phone just reverts back to the normal standby screen. This is really annoying as now i have two permenantly unread messages in my inbox and the phone informs me of this constantly.

I can't see any way of deleting the entire inbox in one go either. is this possible?

Any ideas how to solve this problem or am i going to have to format the bloody thing.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

do a master reset for nokia

Menu -> Settings -> Restore factory settings

Than you've got to enter the security code (12345 by default).

Phonebook won't be delted

<please follow it at your own risk as i have tried and tested it always worked>

dont say thanks now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the 50140 messages are from vodafone, prob telling you that there is new 3g content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

do a master reset for nokia

Menu -> Settings -> Restore factory settings

Than you've got to enter the security code (12345 by default).

Phonebook won't be delted

<please follow it at your own risk as i have tried and tested it always worked>

dont say thanks now ;)

yeah...i thought i might have to do that. bugger.
    the 50140 messages are from vodafone, prob telling you that there is new 3g content
    Thought so. Believe advertising messages are rife over here. Didn't think i'd be spammed with the **** tbh (being Irish vodafone and roaming) or that it would have such a crappy effect on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

hey in inbox press mark all then simply delete its easy when ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

If you leave Vodafone reception, you'll camp onto Orange, 02 or whatever's available. They'll send you a text to welcome you to their network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

De Deraco wrote:
    hey in inbox press mark all then simply delete its easy when ya know

sweet. didn't work on the problem texts but useful to know for the future.

Advertisement